We love making our own homemade pizzas and, in the past, we used to buy pizza dough from the supermarket until we decided to try and make it ourselves. It was such a fun experience to find out how easy it is to make your own. And making your own Homemade Vegan Pizza Dough is also so much cheaper than store-bought!
The recipe is quite simple and fast. You totally need to give it a try! We promise you won’t regret it.
The optimal yeast growth happens at around 37 degrees Celsius (98.6 degrees Fahrenheit), that is why is very important to control the temperature of the water with a food thermometer.
One of our favourite pizzas is this one made with vegan garlic sauce and spicy jackfruit.
This is the first Homemade Pizza Dough recipe that we created, but since then we have been experimenting a lot and have created a perfectly professional crunchy pizza dough, just like the pizzas of authentic Italian pizzerias but with vegan toppings like our Pepperoni de Seitan and Block Style Vegan Mozzarella made in only 5 minutes. You can find the recipes for this pizza and its toppings in our cookbook and e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“. The pizza is on chapter 2 “FULFILLING MEALS”, on page 57. The Vegan Pepperoni is on chapter 3 “VEGAN BUTCHERY”, on page 113. The Block-Style Vozzarella is on the “DAIRY IS SCARY” chapter, on page 181. Here you can see photos of this incredible pizza and its ingredients:
We also have an entire chapter called “Dairy IS SCARY” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 types of yoghurts, tofu, 4 types of vegan cultured cheeses, and 5 quick and easy varieties of vegan cheese, including feta cheese, cheddar cheese, buffalo mozzarella, etc. If you are a cheese lover, you are going to love our cookbook! Read more about the cookbook here.
If you liked this recipe for Homemade Vegan Pizza Dough, check out our Vegan Mushroom Bacon, our Vegan Tempeh Bacon, our Vegan Smoked Salmon, our Vegan Serrano Cured Ham, our Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread, our Vegan & Gluten-Free Healthy Tuna, our Kale Salad with Ginger & Miso Vinaigrette Dressing, our Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese, our Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella, our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Vegan Mayonnaise (Plain & Spicy), our Easy to Make Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Oil-Free & Healthy Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Vegan Pink Sauce – Beetalicious, our Garlic Vegan Sauce, and our Vegan Pesto Sauce. And if you want to find some REALLY EPIC SAUCES AND DRESSINGS RECIPES, ALONG WITH OVER 150 OTHER RECIPES, check out our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here and here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Homemade Vegan Pizza Dough
The recipe is quite simple and fast. You totally need to give it a try! We promise you won't regret it.
However, if you're interested in the recipe of a perfectly professional crunchy pizza dough, just like the pizzas of authentic Italian pizzerias but with vegan toppings like our Pepperoni de Seitan and Block Style Vegan Mozzarella made in only 5 minutes, you can find all the recipes in our cookbook and e-book "ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way". The pizza is on chapter 2 "FULFILLING MEALS", on page 57. The Vegan Pepperoni is on chapter 3 "VEGAN BUTCHERY", on page 113. The Block-Style Vozzarella is on the "DAIRY IS SCARY" chapter, on page 181. Above on the post, you can see pictures of the pizza and toppings.
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Add the all-purpose flour and the active-dry yeast to a food processor and process until just combined, or to a mixing bowl and combine by hand. Let it rest for ten minutes.
- Add the extra-virgin olive oil, the sea salt, and the water at 37°C, in this order.
- Stir the contents vigorously either using the food processor or by hand until a sticky dough forms. It may seem a bit dry in the beginning, but keep working on it until desired results are achieved.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and set aside in a warm, dry place until the dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it a bit before continuing.
- Divide the dough into your desired amount of pizzas. Use right away or store individually in the refrigerator in cling film for later use. It will last up to 4 days.
- Preheat the oven to 225°C.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough into the desired shape and thickness.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of parchment paper and top it with your favourite ingredients.
- Bake it at 225°C on the middle rack of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.