Our Vegan Rice Pudding (Spanish Arroz Con Leche) is the most delicious and creamiest vegan rice pudding you’ll ever have. It’s as simple as that! So creamy, dense, and full of amazing flavour thanks to the addition of Ceylon cinnamon. It’s exquisite!
While growing up, my mum always used to cook “arroz con leche” for our family. My whole family are from Seville (Spain), and it’s a very typical dessert among people there.
When we went vegan, I asked my mum if she could try and veganize it. She was very fond of the idea of a vegan rice pudding because she wasn’t consuming dairy products anymore either.
One day mum and I decided to finally make it, and it’s honestly much better now than I remember it from my childhood.
We always try to use oat milk in our recipes because it’s our favourite. Have you tried the brand Oatly? It’s Swedish and that’s where we currently live. They make an excellent oat drink, special for making very creamy coffees, foaming very nicely. It’s called Oatly Barista and, here in Sweden Oatly iKaffe. That is the one you need to buy if you want to have THE perfect vegan “arroz con leche”. Nevertheless, if you can’t find it, just stick to any other creamy oat milk, it will taste almost as good.
For best results use glutinous rice, special for porridge.
We don’t like our food extremely sweet, so we don’t add much sugar to our recipes. If you don’t find it sweet enough for your taste, just add more of it.
This dessert is eaten cold but we like to eat it freshly made and warm!
If you liked this recipe for Vegan Rice Pudding (Spanish Arroz Con Leche), check out our Vegan Chai Panna Cotta with Date Syrup Drizzle. You will love it!
You can find many more recipes for vegan sweets in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
And… in case you missed it, we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Vegan Rice Pudding (Spanish Arroz Con Leche)
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- In a medium-sized pot, place the glutinous rice, cinnamon sticks, lemon peel strips and 4 cups of Oatly Barista. Cook over medium-high heat stirring occasionally.
- Keep a close eye on the rice and add the rest of the milk when there’s need for more liquid. Cook it for around 20 minutes.
- Add the raw sugar and keep cooking until ready.
- If the rice seems too dry, just add more milk.
- Remove the lemon peel strips and the cinnamon sticks.
- Pour the pudding into glasses, mugs or jars and top them with ground cinnamon. Leave at room temperature for around one hour before chilling in the refrigerator for at least two hours before consuming or do like we do and consume freshly made and warm. Enjoy, it's delicious!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.