We love chocolate so much that it was just about time that we made our very own vegan chocolate pie. It’s perfect for a chilly day along with a warm café au lait.
Give it a try, you’ll love it! Both the crust and the filling are absolutely delightful. Serve it with our vegan dreamy whipped cream and some fresh raspberries.
Autumn Vegan Chocolate Pie
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Using a food processor, combine the pastry whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, raw sugar, salt and process until combined.
- Add the solid coconut oil and the canola oil, the water, vanilla and vinegar and process until you see the dough coming together.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and shape it using a rolling pin in different directions until you have a round shape with a diameter of around 20 cm.
- Place the dough on a pie plate.
- Pierce the dough with a fork to prevent air pockets.
- Freeze it uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Bake the dough at 175°C for 35-45 minutes or until ready.
- Let it cool before adding the filling.
- Using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate, coconut milk and coconut oil.
- Using a food processor, process the mixture with the banana, raw cocoa, raw sugar, vanilla, salt and xantham gum. Process until you have a thick cream.
- Place the mixture on top of the pie crust already cooled.
- Chill in the refrigerator for around three hours before consuming. Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.