The star ingredients of this luscious vegan forest fruit pie are delicious berries. So mouth-watering with a gorgeous pink colour and deliciously fresh. You need to try it!
If you liked this recipe, check out our Autumn Vegan Chocolate Pie. It’s delicious!
Fruits of the Forest Luscious Vegan Pie
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Using a food processor, combine the pastry whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, raw sugar, salt and process until combined.
- Add the solid coconut oil and the canola oil, the water, vanilla and vinegar and process until you see the dough coming together.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and shape it using a rolling pin in different directions until you have a round shape with a diameter of around 20 cm.
- Place the dough on a pie plate.
- Pierce the dough with a fork to prevent air pockets.
- Freeze it uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Bake the dough at 175°C for 35-45 minutes or until ready.
- Let it cool before adding the filling.
- Combine the coconut milk, agar-agar powder and raw sugar in a small saucepan and stir vigorously. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce to a simmer, maintaining it for 15 minutes. Don’t let the heat be too high or the coconut milk will boil over.
- Pour the mixture into a metal bowl and freeze for around 50 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into the blender and add the cashews and the vanilla extract. Blend until very smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix the already chilled cream with the raspberries. Whip until the cream is smooth and has a pink colour.
- Place the raspberry cream on top of the already chilled pie crust.
- Chill it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.