Vegan mayonnaise is way healthier than the non-vegan alternative and cholesterol-free! Plus, in our humble opinion, much tastier! Our Vegan Mayonnaise is the best vegan mayonnaise you’re ever going to have! We promise you that!
Unsweetened soy milk is the key ingredient of this delicious sauce! It’s important to combine it with a vegetable oil without a strong flavour such as canola, or corn oil and add some extra virgin olive oil.
We strongly recommend using canola oil due to its high content in cardio-protective omega-3 fatty acids, only surpassed by flaxseed oil. Canola oil is not only higher in healthful polyunsaturated fatty acids than corn oil, but is also lower in unhealthy saturated fats, providing 1.031 grams per tablespoon; in contrast, corn oil contains 1.761 grams.
The spicy version of this vegan mayo is made by adding 2-3 teaspoons of sambal oelek to the plain version. So easy!
Serve it with our super delicious Vegan Tortilla de Patatas – Vegan Spanish Potato Omelette (Egg-Free) — Photo below.
Accompany your favourite dishes with this yummy vegan sauce. Here we have our delicious Vegan French Omelette which tastes even better along with vegan mayo! Or serve it with our Perfect Roast Potatoes with a Crunch for a delicious snack.
If you liked this recipe for Vegan Mayonnaise, have a look at the rest of our Sauces & Dips. You’ll love them!
If you liked this recipe, check out our Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese, our Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella, our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Vegan Mayonnaise (Plain & Spicy), our Oil-Free & Healthy Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Vegan Pink Sauce – Beetalicious, our Garlic Vegan Sauce, and our Vegan Pesto Sauce. And if you want to find some REALLY EPIC SAUCES AND DRESSINGS RECIPES, ALONG WITH OVER 150 OTHER RECIPES, check out our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here and here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
The Best Vegan Mayonnaise Ever (Classic & Spicy)
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, add more if you want a stronger olive oil flavour
- 1 tbsp Sherry vinegar, or white wine vinegar. Add more if you want it stronger
- 1/5 tsp sea salt
- Lemon juice, optional
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, optional for thickness
- 1/4 tsp Indian black salt / kala namak, optional for eggy flavour, very recommended!
- 3 tsp sambal oelek, if making the spicy mayo version
- Add the soy milk to a mixing jug and, while having the immersion blender running, slowly start adding the canola oil.
- Once you’ve added all the canola oil, stir in the extra-virgin olive oil and the vinegar.
- Stop the mixer when you’re almost done and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the salt, lemon juice (if adding), xanthan gum, and kala namak at the end.
- Pour the mayo into a container (and stir in the sambal oelek if making the spicy version). Enjoy along with your favourite dishes!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for 5-7 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.