This Vegan Pasta Carbonara is one of our star dishes, as it is the creamiest most delicious vegan carbonara you’ll ever eat! It tastes so indulgent that you won’t believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy or eggs.
Have you ever tried coconut bacon? It’s surprisingly easy to make and so delicious. It also works wonders with this dish.
Can you guess what the key ingredients for this pasta carbonara are to be so luscious? The answer is tofu, cashews, and nutritional yeast.
Have you tried nutritional yeast? It has a strong cheese-like nutty flavour, which makes it perfect for dairy cheese substitutes.
Two tablespoons of nutritional yeast provide 60 kcal with 5 g of carbohydrates (four grams of which are fibre). A serving also provides 9 g of protein and is a complete protein, providing all nine amino acids the human body cannot produce. While fortified and unfortified nutritional yeast both provide iron, the fortified yeast provides 20 percent of the recommended daily value, while unfortified yeast provides only 5 percent. Unfortified nutritional yeast provides from 35 to 100 percent of vitamins B1 and B2. Sounds good, right? Healthy and delicious! So you need to get this amazing product and start using it!
If you liked this recipe for Vegan Pasta Carbonara with Coconut Bacon, but want to eat a low-calorie healthier but almost just as delicious recipe, check out our Easy Low-Calorie Vegan Carbonara Pasta (Whole Food & Oil-Free). ¡You’re surely gonna like it!
If you liked this Vegan Pasta Carbonara with Coconut Bacon and are into more Italian inspired dishes like we are, you need to check out some recipes from our cookbook that you’re going to LOVE. Here is a list of them:
- Our amazing recipe of Ravioli al Formaggio. Cheese-filled ravioli used to be one of our favourite dishes while growing up. That’s why when we went vegan, we became obsessed with veganizing this dish. Believe us, you’re going to love our creation. Homemade made from scratch vegan ravioli, filled with the most delicious and creamiest vegan cultured cream cheese, made with cashews and probiotics. Served with a super creamy, delicious, and oil-free homemade sun-dried tomato sauce.
- Our insanely delicious Pesto Lumaconi. Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Lumaconi is the perfect recipe to make for a special celebration or romantic dinner. Fancy, creamy, super delicious, and full of flavour, and yet so easy to make! Served with our Champagne Lemon Sorbet for the best evening ever!
- The Best Vegan Pepperoni Pizza, where we show you how to make the best pizza from scratch and the most delicious vegan pepperoni you’re ever going to try, also from scratch! The key to achieving the best pizza dough is the overnight fermentation. You end up with a golden, beautiful crust with the perfect amount of crunch and subtle yeasty undertones. Totally worth it! And as far as oven temperatures go – we have great results at 482ºF/250ºC and using a pizza stone (it makes a huge difference!).
- So juicy Hot Italian Sausages. If you used to love Italian style sausages, then you will love these insanely meaty and juicy vegan sausages. They are so delicious and have that spicy touch. But if you don’t like them spicy, don’t worry, simply skip the red pepper flakes! We promise you these will be the very best vegan Italian sausages you will ever have!
- Thyme & Rosemary Vegan Chicken Cutlets. This is the best Vegan Chicken that you will ever try! Completely made from scratch, the texture and flavours are just perfect, and the recipe is so easy. Fresh rosemary and thyme mixed with garlic and a little of extra-virgin olive oil take this succulent seitan chicken cutlets recipe to a whole new level.
- Vegan Caesar Salad & Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella
- Vegan Mortadella
- Avocado Pesto & Walnut Pesto
- 4 different Vegan Cheese Sauces
- 9 different kinds of Vegan Cheeses, 4 of them Cultured with probiotics, 5-minute super melty vegan Mozzarella & Cheddar block-style cheeses, etc.
- The Best Tiramisu Cake you’re ever going to try. It’s just like the traditional Italian dessert, only in layer cake form and vegan. Rather than using ladyfingers, we are baking three layers of a light, fluffy sponge cake. The sponge is cooled and then soaked in a rich coffee syrup. The frosting is light and fluffy, yet rich at the same time. It’s made with homemade vegan mascarpone, folded together with vegan whipped cream, and a bit of cacao powder. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
- Insanely yummy Vegan Raffaello, which we call RAFFAELLA. If you used to love Raffaelo, you will absolutely adore our vegan version. With only 6 ingredients, so rich and creamy, perfectly sweet, naturally gluten-free and grain-free, they are so addictive!
- The most delicious Vegan Basil Infused Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce (find this recipe also on the blog! Click here). Herbs love ice cream. And homemade ice cream flavoured with fresh herbs is a revelation. When sprigs of basil meet simmering (vegan) cream the result is fragrant, fresh, and irresistible. This is complimented perfectly by the vibrant strawberry sauce. We could say it’s a match made in heaven! Additionally, the ice cream is so so creamy, you won’t believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy. Absolutely no ice crystals!
- And many more!
Here you can see the photos of these delicious dishes from our cookbook:
ALL these recipes can be found in our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Vegan Pasta Carbonara with Coconut Bacon
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 350 g pasta, whole-wheat spaghetti, fettuccine or penne or gluten-free if desired
- 270 g extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, optional to saute the onion and garlic with
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight or boiled for 10 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 pieces fresh turmeric root
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the Japanese soy sauce or tamari, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, date syrup, and smoked paprika. Stir well.
- Add the coconut flakes to the bowl and gently toss making sure to coat them all.
- Preheat the oven to 165ºC/329ºF.
- Place the seasoned coconut flakes on a parchment paper-lined baking tray in a single layer and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes, making sure to stir them every 5 minutes to rearrange all pieces to achieve even cooking. Use two baking trays if necessary. Remove from the oven when the flakes have a golden colour. Let them cool before adding them to the pasta. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté the chopped onion until slightly brown and soft. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes or until golden.
- Soak the cashews overnight or boil them for ten minutes and drain.
- In a high-speed blender, combine sautéed onion and garlic, tofu, water, lemon juice, cashews, nutritional yeast, tahini, turmeric, sea salt, and black pepper. Blend until very smooth. Add more water if necessary.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and heat it over medium-low heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of the coconut bacon. Add in the pasta, stirring well to coat.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with more coconut bacon and fresh parsley. Consume immediately. Enjoy, it's delicious!
- Store the carbonara sauce in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to 5 days – Do not store it combined with the pasta, or the coconut bacon, just the sauce alone.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.