For my wife’s birthday, I made this delicious vegan potato gratin to accompany our Succulent Seitan Tenderloin and our Vegan Béarnaise sauce. She loved it and I did too so we decided to share the recipe with you.
Super delicious and comforting, cheesy, tender Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin. Only 9 ingredients are required for this classic holiday side dish!
It was our first time making a vegan version of a potato gratin. I used oat cream and shredded vegan cheese and it turned out so delicious. Give it a try!
One important tip to achieve a great gratin is to slice the veggies not too thin, not to thick either. If they are too thick, they might not fully cook and if they are too thin, they will disintegrate.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Potato Veggie Lasagna – Vegan & Pasta-Free. It’s so delicious and healthy!
Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1 1/2 kg raw potatoes, sliced
- 2 medium-sized onions, sliced
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 150 g vegan cheese, grated
- 5 1/2 cup vegan oat cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- In a deep oven dish, using a basting brush, grease the bottom with the olive oil.
- Start adding one layer of sliced potatoes, then one of sliced onion, some chopped sun-dried tomatoes and then repeat until you’ve filled the dish. The final layer should be of potatoes.
- Now, on top of the final layer of potatoes, sprinkle the sea salt, pepper and half of the rosemary. Place the grated vegan cheese and pour the oat cream on top. Garnish with some more rosemary.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.