For my wife’s birthday, I decided to prepare a dinner she couldn’t easily forget. The idea of making a special seitan Succulent Vegan Filet Mignon (The Best Vegan Meat) just came to my mind, and I had to give it a try. And boy, was it successful! So so juicy and delicious, very high in plant-based protein, with the perfect texture and amazing flavour, you’re going to love it. The perfect dish for a special occasion. We suggest you serve it with our Perfect Roast Potatoes w/ a Crunch or The Best Garlic Roasted Potatoes, and our Vegan Béarnaise Sauce. Trust us you will love it! It is worth the work!
We were so delighted with the result that we decided to share it so you get to enjoy it too.
This recipe for Vegan Filet Mignon can also be found in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way”, in chapter 3 “VEGAN BUTCHERY”. The recipe is called “Wheat Filet Mignon” on page 92. In this chapter, you can find recipes for 13 incredibly delicious types of vegan meats, some of them gluten-free too! Here’s a list:
- VEGAN BRATWURSTS
- VEGAN HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGES
- VEGAN WHEAT FILET MIGNON
- VEGAN BBQ RIBS
- THE BEST VEGAN BURGER
- BAKE-ON: A SUPER QUICK&EASY BACON MADE OF TOFU
- SWEDISH CHRISTMAS HAM
- CHICKUN: 2 DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE VEGAN CHICKEN: VEGAN THYME & ROSEMARY CUTLETS AND SPICY BUFFALO CHICKEN TENDERS
- SEITAN BACON
- VEGAN MORTADELLA
- BAVARIAN MORTADELLA
- SEITAN PEPPERONI
- and more!!
We also have an entire chapter named “Dairy is Scary” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
I accompanied this succulent Vegan Filet Mignon with our Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin, baked cherry tomatoes, grilled asparagus and our delicious Vegan Béarnaise sauce. Such a delicious, nutritious and cruelty-free birthday dinner. Wifey loved it and I did too!
If you liked this recipe of Vegan Filet Mignon, check out our Vegan Seitan Steaks (Wheat Meat), you’ll love them!
If you liked this recipe, check out our Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese, our Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella, our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Vegan Mayonnaise (Plain & Spicy), our Easy to Make Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Oil-Free & Healthy Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Vegan Pink Sauce – Beetalicious, our Garlic Vegan Sauce, and our Vegan Pesto Sauce. And if you want to find some REALLY EPIC SAUCES AND DRESSINGS RECIPES, ALONG WITH OVER 150 OTHER RECIPES, check out our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here and here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Succulent Vegan Filet Mignon (The Best Vegan Meat)
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Preheat the oven to 356ºF/180ºC.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Press the tofu manually by wrapping the tofu with a kitchen towel, twisting, and squeezing hard until all water is out.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the crumbled pressed tofu and the rest of the blender ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop the blended ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine with a sturdy silicone spatula until a dough begins to form.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead vigorously for around 5 minutes. Make sure it’s elastic enough to not tear when you stretch it apart. Make a few tests and if it breaks too easily, keep kneading, and try again. This is a very important step as the texture of the filet mignon will absolutely depend on it.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces and shape into 2 filet mignons.
- Place them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray, with rosemary sprigs all around, and bake on the middle rack of the oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Combine all the broth ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Place the filet mignons into the boiling broth and immediately reduce to a simmer. Leave the pot uncovered and simmer for 20 minutes. Monitor the pot to make sure it’s not boiling and turn occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat, cover, and let the filet mignons cool in the broth for a few hours until lukewarm.
- Transfer them to a food storage bag and add 2/3 cup of the broth and the rosemary sprigs inside it. Refrigerate overnight or up to 1 week. Chilling is very important so do not omit this step.
- The next day, once they have cooled, bring them to room temperature for around 1 hour before glazing.
- In a deep non-stick skillet, add vegan butter and melt it over medium heat. Add the rest of the glaze ingredients. Add one filet mignon at a time to the skillet and turn it to coat. Lightly brown it, turning frequently until a gorgeous deep brown colour is reached.
- Slice and serve with our vegan Bearnaise sauce, grilled vegetables and our Perfect Roast Potatoes w/ a Crunch or The Best Garlic Roasted Potatoes. Enjoy, youçre going to love it!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.