Vegan Gingerbread cookies are perfect for Christmas and wintertime and we make them Swedish style because hubby is from Sweden and when he was a child, he used to bake them every Christmas with his family. You are going to love our Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Swedish Style. So delicious, crispy, super pretty and with a perfect vegan icing. The whole family will love them!
They are very easy to make and such cuties! We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
If you liked this recipe for Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Swedish Style, check out our Vegan Chai Panna Cotta with Date Syrup Drizzle and the rest of our Christmas Recipes. You’ll love them all!
You can also find this recipe in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies Swedish Style
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Combine the water, dark brown Muscovado sugar and light syrup in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vegan butter and let it melt.
- Add the spices to the mixture and allow the batter to cool without stirring.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking soda with 2oz/50g of the flour and stir into the batter, mixing well.
- Now add the rest of the flour and mix well.
- Remove the resulting dough from the saucepan and wrap it into a cling film.
- Place it in the refrigerator to cool overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 347ºF/175ºC.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and, on a floured surface, knead it until it heats up a little and becomes softer and more workable. Then, using a rolling pin, flatten it out until very thin.
- Use the cookie/biscuit cutters of your choice to create your cookies. Be sure to have a well-floured surface so the dough does not get stuck when creating the cookie shapes and breaks.
- Place the cookies on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until ready. Keep a close eye on them, as they could burn very fast!
- Let them cool on the parchment paper before handling them.
- Store them at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, combine the aquafaba and cream of tartar, and using an electric mixer with beaters, whip it on medium speed; turn to high speed. Whip until foamy.
- Add icing sugar and white distilled vinegar to a medium bowl, and whip together. Stir in foamy aquafaba mix and whip until smooth. The icing should be quite thick. If too thick, add 1/2 tbsp more of aquafaba. If too thin, add 1 more tbsp of icing sugar. Drizzle a little of the icing with the whisk and if the ribbon of icing holds for a few seconds before melting back into the icing, then it has the right consistency and it’s ready to use.
- Use a piping bag or a plastic squeeze bottle to pipe the icing onto the cookies. Enjoy, they are delicious!
- Store in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.