This Homemade Vegan Celebration Seitan Roast is absolutely delicious and perfect for any special celebration. It is so good you will not believe it. Perfect texture and flavour. Make it and let us know your opinion in the comments! Serve it with our Vegan Creamy Green Peppercorn Gravy, Perfect Roast Potatoes with a Crunch, or The Best Garlic Roasted Potatoes. Enjoy, it’s insanely tasty! Serve it with our Quick & Easy Delicious GF Vegan Crab Cakes shown in photos!
If you liked this recipe for Seitan Roast, check out The Best Vegan Meatloaf with Mushroom Sauce, Swedish Style Vegan Ham, Vegan Serrano Cured Ham or Spanish Vegan Jamón Serrano, and the rest of our Christmas Special Vegan Recipes. You’ll love them all!
If you enjoyed our Seitan Roast, we have so many more recipes for vegan meat in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way”, in chapter 3 “VEGAN BUTCHERY”. In this chapter, you can find recipes for 13 incredibly delicious types of vegan meats, some of them gluten-free too! Here’s a list:
- VEGAN BRATWURSTS
- VEGAN HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGES
- VEGAN WHEAT FILET MIGNON
- VEGAN BBQ RIBS
- THE BEST VEGAN BURGER
- BAKE-ON: A SUPER QUICK&EASY BACON MADE OF TOFU
- SWEDISH CHRISTMAS HAM
- CHICKUN: 2 DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE VEGAN CHICKEN: VEGAN THYME & ROSEMARY CUTLETS AND SPICY BUFFALO CHICKEN TENDERS
- SEITAN BACON
- VEGAN MORTADELLA
- BAVARIAN MORTADELLA
- SEITAN PEPPERONI
- and more!!
We also have an entire chapter named “Dairy is Scary” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese, our Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella, our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Vegan Mayonnaise (Plain & Spicy), our Easy to Make Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Oil-Free & Healthy Vegan Béarnaise Sauce, our Vegan Pink Sauce – Beetalicious, our Garlic Vegan Sauce, and our Vegan Pesto Sauce. And if you want to find some REALLY EPIC SAUCES AND DRESSINGS RECIPES, ALONG WITH OVER 150 OTHER RECIPES, check out our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here and here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
The Best Homemade Vegan Celebration Vegan Seitan Roast
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 2 1/2 litres vegetable broth, make it yourself or buy
- Combine the water, soy sauce, canola oil, peeled beetroots, Worcestershire sauce and browning liquid in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix them well. Then add the blended wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine. Mix them with a sturdy silicone spatula until a dough begins to form.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356ºF.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead intensely until the dough is very elastic. Test to make sure that the dough does not break too easily. The dough should stretch significantly without breaking.
- Now, form the dough into a beautiful roast shape.
- Place it onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray, and bake the roast uncovered on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring the broth to a boil and, when the roast is finished in the oven, place it inside and reduce the heat to a simmer. Leave the pot uncovered and simmer for around 1 hour and 15 minutes. Monitor the pot frequently, to make sure the broth is simmering, not boiling, but do not just let the roast poach in hot broth either. Turn it occasionally.
- When it's finished simmering, remove the pot from the heat, cover with the lid and let cool in the broth for a few hours until lukewarm.
- Transfer the roast to a food storage tupperware and add 1/2 cup of broth inside it as well.
- Refrigerate overnight or for up to 1 week. Do not miss this step as it is very important for it to firm and enhance the correct texture.
- The next day, bring the roast to room temperature for about 1 hour before pan glazing.
- In a deep non-stick skillet, add vegan butter and melt it over medium heat. Add the Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and ground spices or herbs of your choice.
- Add the roast to the skillet and turn it to coat. Lightly brown the roast, turning frequently until a gorgeous deep brown colour is reached.
- If it is not warm enough, place roast in a shallow baking dish covered securely with foil and heat in the oven to 180°C/356ºF for 20 minutes or just place it in the microwave and heat it for a few minutes until desired results.
- Slice and serve with our Vegan Creamy Green Peppercorn Gravy, Perfect Roast Potatoes with a Crunch, or The Best Garlic Roasted Potatoes. Enjoy, it's insanely delicious!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to a week.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.