This Seitan Roast is absolutely delicious and perfect for any special celebration. It is so good you will not believe it. Perfect texture and flavour. Make it and let us know your opinion?.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Perfect Roast Potatoes with a Crunch. They are amazing!
Celebration Seitan Roast
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 2 ½ l vegetable broth, make it yourself or buy
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- Ground spices and herbs of your choice (we use dry rosemary and thyme)
- Combine the water, soy sauce, canola oil, peeled beetroots, Worcestershire sauce and browning liquid in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix them well. Then add the blended wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine. Mix them with a sturdy spatula until the dough is formed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Transfer to a work surface and knead intensely until dough is very elastic. Test to make sure that dough does not break too easily. The dough should stretch significantly without breaking.
- Now, form the dough into a beautiful roast shape.
- Using a parchment paper on the baking sheet, bake the roast uncovered on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Using a large pot, bring the broth to a boil and, when the roast is finished in the oven, place it inside and reduce the heat to a simmer. Leave the pot uncovered and simmer for around 1 hour and 15 minutes. Monitor the pot frequently, to make sure the broth is simmering, not boiling, but do not just let the roast poach in hot broth either. Turn it occasionally.
- When it’s finished simmering, remove the pot from the heat, cover with a lid and let cool in the broth for a few hours until lukewarm.
- Transfer roast to a food storage tupperware and add 1/2 cup of broth inside it.
- Refrigerate overnight or for up to 1 week. Do not miss this step as it is very important for it to firm and enhance the correct texture.
- The next day, bring the roast to room temperature for about 1 hour before pan glazing.
- Using a deep non-stick skillet, add vegan butter and melt it over medium heat. Add the Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and ground spices or herbs of your choice.
- Add the roast to the skillet and turn it to coat. Lightly brown the roast, turning frequently until a gorgeous deep brown colour is reached.
- If it is not warm enough, place roast in a shallow baking dish covered securely with foil and heat in the oven to 180°C for 20 minutes or just place it in the microwave and heat for some minutes until desired results.
- Slice and serve with your favourite sauce (we use pepper sauce) and baked vegetables. Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.