Pesto sauce is one of our favourite all-time sauces. We add it to pasta, pizza, vegan burgers, sausages, baked potatoes,… Everything you can think of tastes better with pesto! And we assure you that you’ll love this Vegan Pesto Sauce recipe. Better than the non-vegan one, hands down and without the cruelty!
Have you tried pesto pizza? It’s delicious?
What about pesto with a double vegan cheeseburger? Perfect combination!
Or on top of vegan mac&cheese?
Or on a Chicago-style deep dish pizza? This one is a winner!
Or just dip some baked potatoes in it.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Avocado Pesto. It’s amazing!
Vegan Pesto Sauce
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 60 g frozen basil, or 2-3 cups packed fresh basil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Water , optionally for a more liquid pesto
- Place raw walnuts, olive oil, frozen or fresh basil and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add more seasoning to taste if needed.
- Consume immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.