Who doesn’t love comfort food? This Mushroom Vegan Soup is so delightfully earthy that will make you feel warm and comfortable in seconds. And apart from being delicious, it takes just around 20 minutes to make.
If you liked this recipe, check out our One-Pot Tomato Vegan Soup with Basil Dressing. You’ll love it!
Mushroom Vegan Soup
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 500 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 handful fresh parsley / thyme, optional
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper, optional
- Using a large pot, heat oil over medium heat and cook the onions and mushrooms until soft and tender. Add the minced garlic and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until it has all been absorbed and looks almost dry.
- Stir in the water and salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, cooking for 15 minutes. Add the dry thyme.
- Now proceed to transfer the soup to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the blend to the pot and add coconut milk. Season with pepper and heat again if necessary.
- Pour the contents into bowls and drizzle some coconut milk, garnish with fresh parsley /thyme according to your own taste. Add some optional crushed red pepper on top. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.