We love cashew nuts. They are great nuts and work for almost every purpose, from thickening sauces or soups to adding to milkshakes. Our Homemade Cashew Butter is so easy to make and so delicious!
When we went vegan, so many recipes called for cashew butter and we remember how a tiny jar cost so much at the supermarket that we couldn’t believe it.
Additionally, this thick and creamy nut butter is a great alternative for peanut butter in case of allergies.
For the making of this cashew butter, you are going to need a high-speed blender. A normal blender couldn’t handle it. If you don’t own a high-speed blender, use a food processor instead. It will take a lot longer though.
We purchase our cashew nuts from Buywholefoodsonline, where you can buy in bulk. We are very satisfied with their service and products and the prices are so good. You can buy Cashew Nut Pieces 500 g here
If you liked this recipe, check out our The Best Homemade Vegan Nutella. It’ll blow your mind!
Homemade Cashew Butter
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp canola oil, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place the cashew nuts on a parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, stir them and place them back into it for 5 more minutes. Check again until ready. They shouldn’t take longer than 15 minutes.
- Once ready, let them cool on the parchment paper.
- Using a high-speed blender, combine the roasted cashew nuts and the canola oil (in case you’re using it), and blend until creamy, scraping down the sides with a spatula as necessary.
- Transfer to a jar or airtight container, and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.