If you love tomato soup like we do, you need to try this tomato vegan soup!. It’s perfect for these cold winter days. So creamy and delicious and with a basil dressing that will blow your mind. Give it a try, you won’t regret it?.
We purchase our cashew nuts from Buywholefoodsonline, where you can buy in bulk. We are very satisfied with their service and products and the prices are so good. You can buy Cashew Nut Pieces 500 g here.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Spinach & Kale Vegan Soup. You’ll love it!
One Pot Tomato Vegan Cream Soup with Basil Dressing
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
TOMATO CREAM SOUP INGREDIENTS
- 3 potatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 5 medium-size fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 5 cans whole peeled tomatoes in tomato juice, ~500 g per can
- 1 medium-size onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/10 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- coconut milk
- chopped fresh basil
- Using a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion until it reaches a light brown colour.
- Stir in potatoes and carrots and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and keep cooking in medium heat for five more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the canned tomatoes and, using a wooden spatula, slightly crash the tomatoes.
- Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and let it simmer covered with a lid for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth inside the pot.
- Then add all the seasoning and let it continue simmering for 5 more minutes. Blend again.
- For the basil dressing: In a blender or food processor, combine the frozen basil, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and almond milk and blend until smooth.
- Pour the tomato cream soup into individual bowls.
- Drizzle the basil dressing on top of the soup. If you don’t fancy a basil dressing, you could drizzle some coconut milk on top and garnish with chopped fresh basil. Both options are delicious but we personally prefer the basil dressing. Enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.