If you want to eat crispy on the outside, tender on the inside delicious baked potatoes, give this method a try. It works wonders!❤? Just boil the potatoes adding baking powder to the water, before you roast them in the oven. Boiling the potatoes in alkaline water breaks down their surfaces, creating lots of starchy slurry for added surface area and crunch. The perfect roast potatoes!
Here is a close-up of our New Year’s eve dinner. We had a stuffed tofu turkey, crabless cakes and these amazing perfect roast potatoes with red wine sauce on top!
We strongly recommend using extra-virgin olive oil to acquire the perfect roast potatoes, but if you want to eat them oil-free, they are very good as well (we eat them like that most of the time).
If you liked this recipe, check out our Potato Veggie Lasagna – Vegan & Pasta-Free. You’ll love it!
Perfect Roast Potatoes with a Crunch
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Wash the potatoes to get rid of any dirt or peel them if you prefer.
- Cut the potatoes in large chunks. This will maximize the contrast between exterior and interior.
- Once the water is boiling, add the baking powder.
- Immediately after, add the potatoes to the pot. Let them boil for 15 minutes, monitoring the pot constantly.
- Using a colander, drain the potatoes and let them rest for 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- If adding oil, in the same pot you boiled the potatoes, heat the olive oil and add all the seasoning to it. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the potato chunks, cover pot securely and shake 3-4 times to combine all the ingredients. If not using oil, add the potato wedges to the empty pot and stir in the seasoning. Cover pot securely and shake 3-4 times as well to combine.
- Place the seasoned potato chunks on a parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Consume immediately, they are divine!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.