Before we went vegan we loved Nutella, so we decided to make our own homemade vegan version of this chocolate hazelnut spread, yet so much healthier and cruelty-free. This Homemade Vegan Nutella tastes amazing, super creamy, and delicious. You’ll get addicted!
For the making of this chocolate hazelnut butter, you are going to need a high-speed blender. A simple blender couldn’t handle it. If you don’t own a high-speed blender, use a food processor instead. It will take a lot longer though.
We purchase our hazelnuts from Buywholefoodsonline, where you can buy in bulk. We are very satisfied with their service and products and the prices are so good. You can buy Hazelnuts Whole Raw 500 g here.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Homemade Cashew Butter. It’s so delicious and quick to make!
You can find this recipe and many more recipes for vegan sweets in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way“, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
Did you enjoy The Best Homemade Vegan Nutella recipe? We would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below and give us a rating. This will help us sustain veganVvocals.
The Best Homemade Vegan Nutella
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Preheat the oven to 330ºF/165ºC.
- Spread out the hazelnuts on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 12 minutes, stirring the nuts occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and place them on a clean kitchen towel and rub the nuts together vigorously to remove the skins.
- Return the hazelnuts to the oven (without the skins) and bake for 7 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on the parchment paper. In the meantime, place the cacao butter in a ceramic bowl, and melt using the microwave or a double boiler.
- Once the hazelnuts have cooled, process them in a food processor for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a high-speed blender and blend with the hazelnut mylk, raw sugar, cacao powder, melted cacao butter, olive oil, vanilla extract, vanilla sugar, agave syrup, and salt. Blend until very smooth.
- Transfer to a sealed container and enjoy this insanely creamy and delicious homemade vegan NOtella!
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.