This raw vegan lemon cheesecake is so easy and refreshingly delicious, making it the perfect dessert???. Made from all-natural ingredients, this no-bake cake won’t need an oven, just a freezer! We assure you that you could impress anyone with it, even the pickiest eaters.
We really like a strong lemon flavour, but if you like it less strong, just add less lemon juice to the filling.
We purchase our cashew nuts, walnuts and medjool dates from Buywholefoodsonline, where you can buy in bulk. We are very satisfied with their service and products and the prices are so good. You can buy it here Cashew Nut Pieces 500 g, here Medjool Dates 500 g, and here Organic Walnuts 500 g.
Raw Vegan Lemon Cheesecake
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 2 cup walnuts, raw
- 200 g medjool dates, pitted
- 1 pinch salt
- Soak the cashews overnight or boil them for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, process the pitted dates for a minute. Add the walnuts and process until a loose dough forms. If it’s too dry, add a few more dates. If it’s too wet, add more walnuts.
- Line a round 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and the sides with strips of it too, so it can slide out easily. Press the crust mixture onto it, then cover and set in the freezer to firm up while you prepare the filling.
- Using a high-speed blender, combine all the filling ingredients. We really like a strong lemon flavour, but if you like it less strong, just add less lemon juice to the filling. Process until smooth. Adjust lemon, vanilla or sugar to your own taste.
- Take the crust from the freezer and pour the blended filling onto it. Cover with aluminium foil and let it set in the freezer until it is very firm and the whole thing comes out intact (a minimum of 3 hours).
- Remove the cake from the cake pan very carefully while it’s frozen, taking also the paper from its bottom. Place it on a cake stand and proceed to decorate the top. We topped it with thin lemon slices, fresh raspberries, lemon zest and grated vegan chocolate.
- Let it thaw for 2-3 hours or until thawed enough before consuming. We recommend running your knife under hot water to warm it up before cutting the slices (dry with a kitchen towel before cutting).
- Store in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.