Foul Mudammas is a common part of the cuisines of many Arab, Middle Eastern and African cultures, and one of our favourite dishes. Our Foul Mudammas is going to blow your mind! So deliciously healthy! This dish is entirely made of whole foods if you just skip the drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
It’s just the perfect food to recover from a cold, headache, hangover, etc. We make it at least every other Sunday for brunch and it works wonders. In addition, it tastes amazing and is so beautiful to look at!
If you liked this recipe for Middle Eastern Foul Mudammas, check out our Herb-Packed Baked Falafel & Dressings.
You can also find this recipe for Foul Mudammas in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way”, in chapter 2 “FULFILLING MEALS”, page 33. In this chapter, you can find all of these recipes:
- CAESAR SALAD
- GREEK SALAD
- PURPLE SALAD
- YELLOW PEA SOUP
- FOUL MUDAMMAS
- TRES GAZPACHOS
- GREEN MONSTER SOUP
- ONE-POT TOMATO SOUP
- EASY CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP
- CREAMY MUSHROOM PASTA
- GARLIC FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- QUICK SUN-DRIED TOMATO PASTA
- PASTA WITH CHANTERELLES
- RAVIOLI AL FORMAGGIO
- PESTO LUMACONI
- THE BEST PEPPERONI PIZZA
- THE PAELLA
- SPANISH OMELETTE W/ A TWIST
- GRANDMA’S STEW
- NO-PIGS IN A BLANKET
- SPICY BUFFALO CHICKUN TENDERS
- SPICY BBQ CAULIFLOWER WINGS
- HERB-PACKED PISTACHIO FALAFEL
- BAKED SATAY TEMPEH SKEWERS
- DAL GARAM MASALA
- SHIITAKE STEAMED BUNS
- SOBA NOODLE SOUP
- MERMAID SUSHI
We also have an entire chapter named “Dairy is Scary” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
Middle Eastern Foul Mudammas
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1/4 red onion, coarsely chopped
- The seeds of 1/4 of a pomegranate
- 1/2 red/green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 1 handful fresh parsley, coarsely chopped (~20g)
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 drizzle extra-virgin olive oil, optional
- 1 drizzle tahini, good quality tahini
- 1 drizzle lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Red chili flakes, to taste
- ground cumin, to taste
- 2 to 3 Spring onions
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the fava beans and brine with the crushed garlic and the tahini. Stir in the cumin, chili, lemon juice and salt, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the toppings.
- Serve in a deep plate and top with the red onion, pomegranate, bell pepper, radish, tomato, and parsley.
- Drizzle some tahini, lemon juice and optional olive oil, and sprinkle some chili and cumin.
- Present with 2-3 raw spring onions, some homemade vegan fluffy flatbread (recipe in our e-book & cookbook) on the side and a small plate with sea salt to dip the onions before eating them. Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.