These Italian Basil and Strawberry Mojitos are to die for! We love mojitos and strawberry mojitos are our all-time favourite kind, but we also love basil so much. Then, it came! How would it be to make mojitos of basil instead of mint? A quick research on Google showed that they actually already exist and are called Italian mojitos. Who knew? We didn’t.
We also generally prefer to use vodka instead of rum, so these mojitos are made of basil and vodka and are delicious. Try them on a weekend, you’ll love them!
If you liked this recipe, check out our Strawberry Vodka Mojitos. You’ll love them!
Italian Basil & Strawberry Mojitos
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 3 limes, quartered
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 3 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 ½ cup fresh strawberries, roughly chopped. Use thawed frozen strawberries if you can't find fresh.
- 650 ml lime sparkling water
- 2/3 cup vodka
- Crushed ice
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the quartered lime, fresh basil and raw sugar. Using a mortar and pestle, crush it all. Add the strawberries and crush again until it’s all combined and the juice from the limes is all out.
- Then, add the vodka and combine. Add in the lime sparkling water and mix it all again. Taste it and add more sugar if necessary.
- Prepare the glasses/jars that you’re going to use with crushed ice in the bottom. Using a ladle, serve the mojitos from the pot to the glasses/jars.
- Garnish with more fresh basil if desired. Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.