We love hummus so much but we have always been concerned about the insane amount of oil in it. So we decided to make a healthier hummus, using oat milk instead of oil and it’s not dry at all. So creamy and delicious. Try our healthy classic and beet hummus, and tell us what you think. We’re sure you’ll love it!
How gorgeous is the pink one? Looks like strawberry ice cream. We’re in love!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our Roasted Paprika Healthy Hummus recipe. You’ll love it!
Healthy Plain & Beet Hummus
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, ground cumin, oat milk and cayenne pepper and process until smooth.
- Scoop out half of the mix into a small bowl and there you have your plain healthy hummus.
- Add the beetroot to the remaining mixture in the food processor, and process until smooth. A beautifully pink hummus has formed. Scoop into a small bowl.
- Enjoy them with salad, baked or raw veggies or however you desire. Enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.