These Vegan & Gluten-Free Love Cookies are so beautiful and delicious. They are super easy to make, they don’t even need an oven. They are also perfect for Valentine’s Day.
For the making of the vegan white chocolate coating for these cookies, we use our homemade cashew butter. Be sure to have it ready before you start preparing these love cookies (you’re going to love this creamy butter!).
The recipe on how to make vegan shortening with cacao butter is from veganbaking.net. Have a look at this post, it’s very interesting.
If you liked this recipe for Vegan & Gluten-Free Love Cookies for Valentine’s Day (No-Bake), check out our Vegan Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, our Autumn Vegan Chocolate Pie, our Luscious Vegan Forest Fruit Pie, or the rest of our Sweets & Desserts recipes. You’ll love them!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
Vegan & Gluten-Free Love Cookies for Valentine’s Day (No-Bake)
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the melted refined coconut oil, raw sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir in the almond flour, salt, chocolate chips, and oat milk, and mix through.
- Press the batter into a pan and store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and, using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, create the love cookies. Place them onto a parchment paper on a stable cutting board and take them back into the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes or a maximum of 24 hours.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
- In a food processor, combine the shredded coconut and melted coconut oil and process for around 10 minutes, until a cream has formed. Place it into a small bowl.
VEGAN WHITE CHOCOLATE
- Be sure to have the homemade cashew butter ready.
- For the making of the vegan shortening cacao butter based, melt the cacao butter in the microwave until it's barely melted and as close as room temperature as possible. Measure it and add it with the canola oil to a food processor. Process for 1 minute. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and place in the freezer. It will be ready to use in less than one hour. Extract 50 grams of it. Leave the rest in the freezer for later use.
- Combine the raw cacao butter, cashew butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract, and the 50 grams of frozen shortening into a metallic bowl. Set the bowl over a pot of boiling water on the stove stirring occasionally.
- Take the cookies out of the fridge and proceed to dip them into the different coatings, with the help of two forks. Be careful while handling them so they don’t break. Place them onto a parchment paper.
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the pomegranate until it creates a powder. Add it on top of the already dipped cookies.
- Store in the refrigerator for the coatings to set and enjoy! They are delicious.
- We had quite a lot of vegan white chocolate coating, and some dark chocolate left, so we decided to make vegan pralines with it. Just pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and place in the fridge until solid. Then remove them from the tray and store them into a sealed container.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.