This Green Monster Soup is so earthy, made from everyday ingredients, is packed with lots of nutrients, delicious and very easy to make. An essential pick-me-up for a rainy day. Give it a try!
See amazing nutrition facts below.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Spinach & Kale Vegan Soup. You’ll love it!
The Green Monster Soup [Vegan]
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cup frozen kale
- 1 kg frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 ½ l water
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- A drizzle of tahini
- Red pepper, optional
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat the canola oil and saute the onion. After one minute, add the cubed potatoes and the minced garlic. Saute until the onion is soft and golden.
- Stir in the kale, broccoli florets and green peas along with the water. Set the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until ready.
- Transfer to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer back to the pot and add in lemon juice, salt, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve into bowls and drizzle some tahini on top with a sprinkle of red pepper. Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.