Potatoes are the star of this fabulous Vegan & Gluten-Free Potato Lasagna. Made of sliced potatoes instead of lasagna noodles, you’re gonna love it! Potatoes are naturally low fat, salt-free, full of potassium and fibre and come without any additives (they are 100% natural), and drizzled with a super creamy, gooey, delicious vegan mozzarella sauce!
This lasagna is also made with lots of fresh veggies, tomato sauce, and no added oils.
To make this delicious dish, we use a homemade vegan mozzarella sauce based on a recipe from our new cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes more than 150 satisfying vegan recipes. Read more about our cookbook here.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Lasagna Meets Shepherd’s Pie, our Easy Low-Calorie Vegan Pasta Carbonara (Whole Food, Oil-Free), our The Best Vegan Chili Cheese Fries, our Vegan Red Cabbage Soup w/ Chunky Bratwurst Style Tofu Bites, our Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham, our So Delicious & Healthy Lentil Loaf made Entirely of Whole Foods, our Homemade Celebration Seitan Roast, our Mushroom Vegan Soup (Quick & Easy), our One Pot Tomato Vegan Soup with Basil Dressing, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Sage&Rum Marinated Seitan Tenderloin, our Vegan Seitan Steaks (Wheat Meat), our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Succulent Seitan Tenderloin, our Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin, and our The Best Gluten-Free and Vegan Fish & Chips. You’ll love them all!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Vegan & Gluten-Free Potato Lasagna – Pasta-Free
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
Potato Veggie Lasagna Ingredients
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large aubergine, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, finely sliced
- 500 g white mushrooms, sliced
- 700 g tomato sauce
- 10 medium-sized potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup oat cream
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g fresh spinach, chopped
- Homemade Vegan Mozzarella Sauce, optional. Ingredients below
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to top
Vegan Mozzarella Sauce
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or using a double boiler.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, melted coconut oil, vegan lactic acid powder, nutritional yeast, tapioca flour, sea salt, optional chili powder, and water, and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the blend into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, over medium-high heat, stirring continuously until it thickens.
- Now the mozzarella sauce is ready to consume along with your favourite dishes.
Potato Veggie Lasagna
- In a large bowl full of water, place the potato slices to soak.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, add a few tablespoons of water and cook the onion until soft and transparent. Add the garlic and aubergine and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir in the carrots, mushrooms, and the tomato sauce and cook for 20 minutes. Add in the rosemary, thyme, black pepper, and spinach, and mix through.
- In a baking dish, pour 1/4 cup of the oat cream and spread over. Lay out a layer of soaked potato slices.
- Place half of the tomato-veggies mixture on top of the potatoes and pour the other 1/4 cup of oat cream and spread over. Apply the second layer of soaked potato slices and more of the tomato-veggie mixture on top. Place the third and last layer of soaked potatoes over it and some dollops of vegan mozzarella sauce. Sprinkle with a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
- Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 60 minutes or until ready.
- Enjoy, it's delicious!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.