This Vegan Béarnaise Sauce is so amazing because is entirely made of whole foods. It’s not just butter-free but oil-free as well, and it’s insanely delicious and oh so creamy. Surely one of our best creations ever. The key to making this creamy sauce is the cashews and the extra-firm silken tofu. You’ll love it!
Lately, we have been kind of focused on eating healthier and developing recipes using real food, which is whole foods, non-processed or the least processed as possible food, and this amazing sauce is a winner!
The secret to the making of this creamy sauce is the cashews. Did you know that you can make an excellent, creamy sauce using them? Cashew nuts are amazing, an excellent source of minerals and vitamins and they are delicious too.
We purchase our cashews from Buywholefoodsonline. Their products are affordable and of good quality. You can buy the cashews here.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Pink Sauce- Beetalicious. You’ll love it!
Vegan Béarnaise Sauce -Oil-Free & Healthy- Made Entirely of Whole Foods
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 35 g leek, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, boiled for 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup water
- 200 g extra-firm silken tofu
- 1/3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped, for garnish
- In a saucepan, bring the water, vinegar and leek to a boil. Let it reduce to half the volume.
- Boil the cashews for 10 minutes.
- Pour the liquid into a bowl through a finely meshed sieve to separate the leek from it. Ensure you have 50 ml of liquid, otherwise top up with more water. Add the tarragon to the liquid.
- Now, using a high-speed blender, combine the boiled cashews, water, and tofu and blend until smooth. Add the liquid from the bowl, lemon juice, turmeric, salt and white pepper, and blend again until combined.
- Pour into your sauce jug and garnish with more chopped tarragon if desired. Enjoy this delicious oil-free Beárnaise sauce made entirely of whole foods! 🙂
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.