This Low-Calorie Vegan Lasagna Meets Shepherd’s Pie is so healthy, nutritious and comforting, that you’re gonna love it. It has only 223 kcal per portion, making it the perfect low-fat and low-calorie meal, but at the same time being so filling and delicious.
It’s also possible to make this dish completely gluten-free by swapping the regular lasagna noodles for gluten-free ones!
We already have a Vegan Lasagna Meets Shepherd’s Pie, that’s why this one is named V2. Give that one a try too, because it’s amazing!
To make this delicious dish, we use a homemade vegan mozzarella sauce based on a recipe from our new cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes more than 150 satisfying vegan recipes. Read more about our cookbook here.
If you liked this recipe for Low-Calorie Vegan Lasagna Meets Shepherd’s Pie V2, check out our Easy Low-Calorie Vegan Pasta Carbonara (Whole Food, Oil-Free), our The Best Vegan Chili Cheese Fries, our Vegan Red Cabbage Soup w/ Chunky Bratwurst Style Tofu Bites, our Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham, our So Delicious & Healthy Lentil Loaf made Entirely of Whole Foods, our Homemade Celebration Seitan Roast, our Mushroom Vegan Soup (Quick & Easy), our One Pot Tomato Vegan Soup with Basil Dressing, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Sage&Rum Marinated Seitan Tenderloin, our Vegan Seitan Steaks (Wheat Meat), our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Succulent Seitan Tenderloin, our Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin, and our The Best Gluten-Free and Vegan Fish & Chips. You’ll love them all!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Low-Calorie Vegan Lasagna Meets Shepherd’s Pie V2
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 carrots, finely sliced
- 4 large aubergines, finely cubed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 800 g tomato sauce
- 15 small potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 10 lasagna noodles, gluten-free if desired
- 100 g fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
VEGAN MOZZARELLA SAUCE
- Melt the coconut fat in the microwave or using a double boiler.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, melted coconut oil, vegan lactic acid powder, nutritional yeast, tapioca flour, sea salt, optional chili powder, and water, and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the blend into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, over medium-high heat, stirring continuously until it thickens.
- Now the mozzarella sauce is ready to consume along with your favourite dishes.
VEGAN LASAGNA MEETS SHEPHERD’S PIE V2 INSTRUCTIONS
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes until tender.
- In a large bowl, place lasagna noodles to soak in warm water for 30 minutes.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté onions until tender. Add garlic and cook until golden. Stir in carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Now add the cubed aubergines and let cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce. Let cook covered for a total of 1 hour approximately, covered and stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF.
- In a baking dish, pour the almond milk and spread over. Lay out 5 cooked noodles on top.
- Place a third of the chopped spinach and half of the veggies mixture from the skillet. Add desired dollops of vegan mozzarella if desired.
- Apply the second layer of 5 noodles, another third of the chopped spinach and the other half of the veggies mixture. Add more vegan mozzarella optionally and the last third of chopped spinach.
- Peel the already boiled potatoes and mash them along with the almond milk, the nutritional yeast, sea salt and black pepper.
- Spread mashed potatoes evenly over the last layer; using a fork, decorate potatoes with lines and peaks.
- Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 60 minutes or until ready.
- Enjoy this delicious and low-calorie dish!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.