This recipe occurred to us last summer. We had just purchased an ice cream maker and were trying many different ways of making vegan ice cream. We were making pesto that evening and had bought tons of fresh basil which smelled like a dream. Then it came to us: vegan basil ice cream could be a wonderful idea, and what sauce to combine it with? Strawberries were the right answer!
This IS the best tasting ice cream we have ever had. Vegan Basil Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce provides an explosion of flavours that perfectly blend in your mouth. Ideal on a warm summer day but just as amazing on any day of the year! This ice cream is just as delicious as our Vegan Rosemary Infused Ice Cream with Blueberry Sauce. You need to try it!
Herbs love ice cream. And homemade ice cream flavoured with fresh herbs is a revelation. When sprigs of basil meet simmering vegan cream the result is fragrant, fresh, and irresistible. This is complimented perfectly by the vibrant strawberry sauce. We could say it’s a match made in heaven! Additionally, the ice cream is so so creamy, you won’t believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy. Absolutely no ice crystals!
Give it a try, we promise that you’ll love it.
Our homemade strawberry sauce is also to die for and made with deliciously natural and healthy ingredients 🙂
This recipe can also be found in our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way”, in chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS” on page 229. In this chapter, you can find 32 incredible recipes for sweets, desserts, and even healthy treats for dogs! Here is a list:
- FLUFFY DOUGHNUTS
- HEALTHY GRANOLA
- BAKED CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUTS
- GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- TIRAMISU CAKE
- GOOEY CINNAMON ROLLS
- YUMMY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- WINTER CUPCAKES
- X-MAS TREE CUPCAKES
- MANGO RASPBERRY PUDDING
- SEMLOR: THE SWEDISH DELICACY
- DATE SYRUP & TURMERIC PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- HEALTHY CHICKPEA COOKIES
- COOKIE SANDWICHES
- OATMEAL COOKIES
- PEAR OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- LEMON CHEESECAKE
- PASSION & MANGO NICECREAM
- BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM W/ STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- PIÑA COLADA OVERNIGHT PUDDING
- ICE CREAM BARS
- LAYERED PARFAITS
- EASY WHIP
- DREAMY WHIPPED CREAM
- EGG-FREE MERINGUE
- PUPPY WHOLE-FOOD TREATS
- PUPPY PUMPKIN TREATS
- PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Click here to read more about our cookbook.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Blueberry Nice Cream (Vegan, Sugar-Free & Gluten-Free). It’s delicious!
This is a churned ice cream recipe. We haven’t made it no-churn, so if you don’t have an ice cream maker, we can’t guarantee the same creamy results with no ice crystals. Please, if you decided to make it without using an ice cream maker, let us know how it turned out in the comments.
Vegan Basil-Infused Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM
BASIL INFUSED ICE CREAM
- Combine coconut milk and oat milk in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and add the basil sprigs. Reduce heat to low and let cook, covered with a lid, for 30 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Remove the basil sprigs and let cool.
- Once cooled, blend the basil-infused milk, agave syrup, melted fully hydrogenated coconut oil or canola oil, vanilla extract, and guar gum in a blender until very smooth.
- Chill in the fridge for three hours.
- Pour it into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using a saucepan, cook strawberries with salt over medium-low heat for around 5-10 minutes stirring until it starts to turn mushy.
- Stir in the date syrup and mix well.
- Transfer the strawberries to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Transfer back to the saucepan, add in the agar powder and combine through. Let it simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to a jar and leave outside until it reaches room temperature. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before consuming.
- You could add a few dollops of the strawberry sauce to the ice cream and then swirl with a stick to create a prettier presentation or simply serve the ice cream with the strawberry sauce on top. Your choice!
- Enjoy this super creamy and delicious vegan ice cream!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.