As you may have noticed, we love making different kinds of hummus, and yet, we had never had this variety of hummus with sun-dried tomatoes before, so we thought, let’s give it a try and create a light, healthier version without processed oils. This Healthy Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus & Roasted Potatoes is a dish that we really enjoy eating and we really hope you like it!
The potatoes are roasted in the oven, but before they are boiled adding baking powder to the water. Boiling the potatoes in alkaline water breaks down their surfaces, creating lots of starchy slurry for added surface area and crunch. So if you want to eat crispy on the outside, tender on the inside delicious baked potatoes, give this method a try. It works wonders! The perfect roast potatoes! And not even a pinch of oil 🙂
Healthy food never tasted SO good!
If you liked this recipe, check out our Low Calorie Paprika Hummus + Raw Veggies. You’ll love it!
If you prefer Classic or beet hummus, check out our Healthy Plain & Beet Hummus. They are amazing!
If you are interested in a recipe of roasted potatoes with optional olive oil, check out our Perfect Roast Potatoes with a Crunch. They are delicious!
Healthy Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus & Roasted Potatoes
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
Roast Potatoes Instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in large chunks. This will maximize the contrast between exterior and interior.
- Once the water is boiling, add the baking powder.
- Immediately after, add the potatoes to the pot. Let them boil for 15 minutes, monitoring the pot constantly.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Using a colander, drain the potatoes and let them rest for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, sea salt and black peppercorns to a mortar and pestle, and grind them to release the flavours.
- Return the potato wedges to the empty pot where you boiled them before, and stir in the ground seasoning. Cover pot securely and shake 3-4 times to combine.
- Place the seasoned potato chunks on a parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Consume immediately, they are divine!
Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Instructions
- Combine the chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, oat milk, tahini, cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano and lemon juice in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Scoop into a medium-sized bowl.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Place the hummus in the center of a platter and arrange roast potatoes around it. Serve immediately and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.