Our Whole Wheat Homemade Pizza Dough is extremely easy to make and so nutritious. You won’t find any store-bought pizza dough this healthy at the supermarket. It’s also super delicious, you won’t be able to stop yourself eating these pizzas!
This homemade pizza is made using our Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella Balls recipe.
We make our pizza dough with Graham flour. Do you know what this is? (extracted from wikipedia)
Graham flour is a type of flour named after Sylvester Graham (1794–1851), an early advocate for dietary reform. Graham despised the discarding of nutrients such as germ and bran when making flour for white bread and believed that using all of the grain in the milling of flour and baking of bread was a remedy for the poor health of his fellow U.S Americans during changes in diet brought on by the Industrial Revolution.
Instead of using raw sugar, we like to use pure date syrup, because it’s a lot healthier.
(Extracted from earthseats.com): Like whole dates and other date products, date syrup has many nutritional benefits. because date syrup is an invert sugar, it’s easily absorbed and assimilated by the body. It’s also a good source of fiber, particularly the soluble fiber beta-D-Glucan, which helps people feel sated.
Date Syrup is high in healthy minerals such as Potassium, phosphorus, magnesium or zinc.
Common health problems, are associated with inflammation in the body. Antioxidants, particularly polyphenols from fruit, have shown to neutralize radicals and reduce the damage caused by inflammation.
Dates ran high in antioxidant polyphenols. In fact, a recent study showed date polyphenols inhibited the development of COX1 & COX2, enzymes associated with inflammation.
Benefits of date Syrup:
- Adds sweetness without refined sugar
- 78% invert sugar
- High fiber content
- Low-Glycemic index food
- 16 vitamins & minerals
- No cholesterol
- Good source of Phenolics
- Good source of natural antioxidants
- 50% more potassium, by weight, than banana
The Mineral Wealth of Dates:
- Dates contain 2.5 times more Potassium per weight compared to banana. According to the World Health Organization. Potassium plays an important role in reducing blood pressure and risk of cardiovascular disease
- A cup of dates provides 63 milligram of Magnesium. Magnesium helps in protein synthesis, blood glucose control, and muscle and nervous system
- Florine content in Dates haps prevent teeth decay
- Selenium in dates helps in cancer prevention and haps immune system
- Dates are considered a good source for iron deficiencies and anemia
- 1/2 cup of dates supply 18% of daily Copper value. Copper helps your body to absorb Iron and to form blood cells
- Sulfur in dates helps with SAR (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis), which affects 23 Million people in US alone
Caution: There are many date syrup products in the market that have added sugar. Choose wisely and have your health in mind
Whole Wheat Homemade Pizza Dough
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Add the Graham’s flour and the active-dry yeast to a food processor and process until just combined, or to a mixing bowl and combine by hand. Let it rest for ten minutes.
- Add the extra-virgin olive oil, the sea salt, the date syrup, and the water at 37°C, in this order.
- Stir the contents vigorously either using the food processor or by hand.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and set aside in a warm, dry place until dough has grown in size, about 1 and a half hours.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a bit before continuing.
- Divide the dough in desired amount of pizzas. Use right away preferably. The more time stored in the refrigerator, the drier it will get, so it’s better to consume the same day that was made.
- Preheat the oven to 225°C.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough into the desired shape and thickness.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of parchment paper and top it with the ingredients you fancy.
- Bake it at 225°C in the middle of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until ready. Enjoy your meal! 🙂
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.