This Homemade Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella is simply amazing! Extremely easy to make, full of healthy ingredients and oh so delicious! You must give it a try! We make it every single week because we are addicted!
Its main ingredients are cashews, soy yoghurt and nutritional yeast. So simple and so yummy!
Have you tried nutritional yeast? It has a strong cheese-like nutty flavour, which makes it perfect for dairy cheese substitutes.
Two tablespoons of nutritional yeast provide 60 kcal with 5 g of carbohydrates (four grams of which are fiber). A serving also provides 9 g of protein and is a complete protein, providing all nine amino acids the human body cannot produce. While fortified and unfortified nutritional yeast both provide iron, the fortified yeast provides 20 percent of the recommended daily value, while unfortified yeast provides only 5 percent. Unfortified nutritional yeast provides from 35 to 100 percent of vitamins B1 and B2. Sounds good, right? Healthy and delicious! So you need to get this amazing product and start using it!
Cashews are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These include vitamins E, K, and B6, along with minerals like copper, phosphorus, zinc,magnesium, iron, and selenium, all of which are important for maintaining good bodily function. They are delicious too!
What is agar-agar? (Extracted from linkedin.com):
Agar agar is another one of the ingredients we use to make these Buffalo Mozzarella balls. Do you know what it is? Agar is the product of several species of seaweed. It is also known as agar-agar. In Japan, agar agar is referred to as kanten. It’s a good source of calcium and iron, and is very high in fiber. It contains no sugar, no fat and no carbohydrates. It is known for its ability to aid in digestion and weight loss. It carries toxic waste out of the body. It is also used in some parts of the world to treat hemorrhoids.
Other benefits associated with agar are its ability to reduce inflammation, calm the liver, and bring relief to the lungs. Agar agar has no calories, no carbs, no sugar, not fat and is loaded with fiber. It’s free from starch, soy, corn, gluten, yeast, wheat, milk, egg and preservatives. Agar agar absorbs glucose in the stomach, passes through digestive system quickly and inhibits the body from retaining and storing excess fat. Its water absorbing properties also aids in waste elimination. Agar agar absorbs bile, and by doing so, causes the body to dissolve more cholesterol.
If you liked this recipe, check out our So Healthy Whole-Wheat Homemade Pizza Dough. You’ll love it!
The Best Homemade Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Soak cashews for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the previously soaked and drained cashews, unsweetened soy yoghurt, sea salt, and nutritional yeast. Blend until very smooth (no cashew pieces left).
- Pour the cheese in a non-metallic bowl (ceramic or glass is ideal), using a wooden spatula. Cover the bowl with a cheesecloth. Let cheese ferment at room temperature (25º-30ºC) in a dry and dark place (inside the oven) for 24 h.
- After 24 hours, add in the tapioca flour to the large bowl and combine through.
- Using 2 large bowls, combine cold water and ice cubes.
- Using a large saucepan or pot, combine the agar powder and water and simmer over low-heat for around 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Transfer the contents of the large bowl inside it and mix through. Continue simmering until it’s thick and very stretchy (around 5-10 minutes). Stir constantly as it could easily burn.
- With an ice cream scooper, make balls out of the cheesy paste and drop them inside the icy water. Let them rest inside there for 40 minutes.
- Now you can take them from the water and store them in tupperwares inside the refrigerator. Consume within 7 days.
- Enjoy them with sliced tomatoes and basil leaves, or on pizza, pasta or however you prefer.
- They are extremely delicious!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.