Halloween is definitely our favourite holiday, that’s why we wanted to prepare the perfect Halloween dinner. This Halloween Vegan Pumpkin Risotto is incredibly rich and creamy and, oh so yummy. It combines perfectly with our Halloween Vegan Sage & Rum Marinated Seitan Tenderloin. You really need to try them!
For the making of this vegan risotto, we purchased a 1,250 kg pumpkin, removed the seeds, took all the available meat, and blended it into a puree, so we could add it easily to the risotto. Then we used the empty pumpkin to serve the risotto inside. It looks so cute, right? And somehow eating the risotto inside the pumpkin makes it taste even better! It’s the perfect Halloween dish, isn’t it? 🙂
We made this pumpkin risotto with the broth that we used to simmer our Halloween seitan tenderloin, as it has a unique Halloween-fall taste, so you should make these both dishes together if you really wanna experience heaven in your mouth!
If you liked this recipe, check out our Oil-Free Healthy Sweet Potato & Mushroom Vegan Risotto. You’re going to love it!
Halloween Vegan Pumpkin Risotto
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 g Shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cup blended raw pumpkin, the inside of a 1,250 kg pumpkin
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup vegan white wine
- 1 tbsp packed fresh sage
- 1/2 tbsp dry sage
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 cup Vegetable broth, from the Halloween Tenderloin
- In a medium-sized pot, keep warm the broth from the Halloween Vegan Sage & Rum Marinated Seitan Tenderloin. You will be adding it to the risotto little by little, a cup at a time.
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and add onion, and sauté until transparent looking. Add Shiitake mushrooms and two pinches of salt, to help with the caramelization process. Once the Shiitake is soft, add garlic and sauté for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and let cook for two more minutes. Add white wine to it and let it be absorbed. Stir in the homemade blended pumpkin puree and 1 cup of the seitan tenderloin broth, and reduce heat so that the mixture simmers. Stir often, cooking until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Repeat the same procedure for a total of 4 cups of broth, or until the rice is tender (about 25 minutes).
- Season with dry sage, freshly ground black pepper and salt and top with some vegan parmesan cheese and fresh sage.
- Serve with our Halloween Vegan Sage & Rum Marinated Seitan Tenderloin (recipe above), and enjoy, it’s extremely delicious!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.