These Halloween Vegan Rotten Witch Fingers are the scariest treats of them all. Don’t you agree? Well, they are also super delicious and 100% vegan! They have the perfect texture and combine perfectly with the raspberry blood accompanying them. You won’t regret giving them a try!
Halloween is our all-time favourite holiday, even though where we live it’s not very celebrated, which is really too bad. But that doesn’t stop us from celebrating every single year! This year we decided to go big and prepare a very spooky table of scary treats.
Here you can see them right behind our super messy vegan bloody chocolate sandwiches.
They are super easy to make! This is right before baking them 🙂
If you liked this recipe for Witch Fingers, check out all the other Halloween treats that we have created: our Halloween Red Strawberry Vegan Cupcakes w/ Gut-sy Basil flavoured inside, our Halloween Vegan Bloody Chocolate Cupcakes, our Halloween Vegan Bloody Chocolate Sandwiches (Dark & White), and our Halloween Vegan Monster Eyeballs. You’re gonna love them all!
Halloween Vegan Rotten Witch Fingers
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- In a large bowl, combine softened vegan butter, icing sugar, aquafaba, and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer with beaters, whip it on medium speed; turn to high speed. Beat until smooth. Add in the flour, baking powder and sea salt, and beat again until the mixture is uniform. Add green food colouring and some drops of yellow colouring, until it reaches your desired colour. Beat again.
- Place the mixture onto a clean working surface and massage it for a minute. Then place onto a piece of cling film and wrap it tightly. Store in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- After 45 minutes, take the dough from the refrigerator and, using a tablespoon, proceed to scoop out a portion of dough.Roll the dough into the shape of a finger. Do the same with the rest of the dough until it’s finished.
- Place a blanched almond on the tip of the fingers and slightly press it in.
- Using a toothpick, make lines in the fingers to recreate the wrinkles of a finger.
- Place the fingers onto a baking sheet on a baking tray, and bake for 20-30 minutes or until ready. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small pot, heat the frozen raspberries over medium-high heat until soft, and mash the raspberries until there are no large chunks anymore. Add the date syrup. Give it a mix and set aside to cool.
- Open the can of coconut cream, taking care not to shake it. Scoop half of the coconut cream solids into a mixing bowl. Reserve the remaining liquid for another use. Add the icing sugar to the mix.
- Beat coconut cream and icing sugar using an electric mixer with beaters on medium speed; turn to high speed until smooth.
- Add the raspberry + date syrup puree to the bowl and beat again until well combined. Add red colouring and beat again until desired colour has been achieved.
BLOODY FINGERS CREATION
- Carefully remove the almonds from the fingers. Add a bit of the raspberry blood you just created into the indentation (where the almonds were). Press the almonds back in place and the blood will ooze out around the fingernail. Now, dip the “knuckles” into the jam and place the fingers on a plate, leaving a trace of “blood” behind.
- Use the rest of the raspberry mix as “dip.”
- Enjoy, they are super delicious and freakishly scary!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.