Our Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Vegan Mayonnaise is probably the healthiest mayonnaise in the entire world, as it’s so low in fat and in calories, while still being so so creamy and delicious. 1 serving (35 g) of this mayo provides so so few calories, only 27.6 kcal, and just 1.8 g of fat, being 0.1 saturated fat, and absolutely 0 trans fats or cholesterol. Sounds like the dream mayonnaise, doesn’t it? For us it is! You really need to make it yourself and try it!
We combine this wonderful vegan mayo with our Vegan Tortilla de Patatas – Vegan Spanish Potato Omelette (Egg-Free). You’re really going to love this combination!
This recipe is very inspired on a recipe we found on Veganlovlie.com. Our recipe is very similar to it, we have just changed a few ingredients and added some extra ones 🙂
For this vegan mayonnaise to taste a little like egg we add Indian black salt or Kala Namak. Have you tried it? We purchase it from Buywholefoodsonline.com. They offer a wide variety of vegan products, very good prices and high quality. You can buy it here.
If you are still wondering what Kala Namak is, please have a look at this information extracted from Stylecraze.com:
- Indian black salt, extensively referred to as kala namak, is a variety of Indian volcanic stone salt. It’s popular in India, Pakistan, and nations all across the world because of its twisted taste and easy availability. This special variety of salt has its origin in the Himalayan ranges and is used in Indian dishes for cooking and garnishing. Due to the presence of iron and other minerals, the salt is pinkish gray in color. It contains a unique sulfurous component that is frequently compared to boiled egg yolks and is super healthy.
- Other than providing a distinct flavor to dishes, black salt is popular for its health benefits as well as its capacity to store food. It is often recommended for individuals with high blood pressure and for those on low-salt diets. The reason behind this is that it is low in sodium and doesn’t enhance the sodium level in your blood. It also relieves heartburn and intestinal gas. In short, it boosts your overall digestive system.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Mayonnaise (Plain & Spicy). It’s our first vegan mayo recipe, the traditional way of making it with plenty of oil inside! Delicious and still much healthier than a non-vegan version, because it has 0 cholesterol 🙂
Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Vegan Mayonnaise
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Soak the white beans overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours. Drain them. You’ll have now around 2 cups of soaked white beans.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the drained white beans and the 3 cups of water, and blend until very smooth.
- Pass the mixture through a cheesecloth, squeezing out with your hands to extract as much liquid as possible. Do it inside a medium-sized pot and stir in the strips of lemon zest.
- Now proceed to heat this “bean milk” combined with the lemon zest, over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until its consistency has changed to that one of a thick custard (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove the pot from the heat and extract the strips of lemon zest out of the pot, with the help of kitchen tweezers.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely (very important step).
- Once it’s completely cooled, pour the mixture inside a mixing bowl/jug and stir in lemon juice, sea salt, kala namak, Dijon mustard and water, and using an immersion blender, blend until the mixture is very smooth.
- Now it’s time to add the canola oil and blend again until the mixture is emulsified. Add more kala namak, more Dijon mustard or more lemon if you’d like. You could also add more water or more oil if preferred.
- Pour the contents into a sealed jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve along with our Vegan Tortilla de Patatas- Vegan Spanish Potato Omelette (Egg-Free) (recipe above). They are perfect together!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.