Our Vegan Mushroom Pasta is the most delicious one that you will ever have, and yet extremely healthy because it’s entirely made of whole foods. It can even be made gluten-free if you cook it with pasta made of beans. Red lentil pasta is delicious, have you tried it? 🙂
The secret fot this mushroom pasta to be so special is that we use dried funnel chanterelle or Craterellus tubaeformis. These mushrooms, when dried, have both an outstanding smell and flavour. You’re going to love this recipe!
Apart from its amazing taste, this pasta dish is so healthy, as it’s oil-free and 1 single serving provides with 15.2 g of protein (31% of the protein that you need in a day, based on a 2000 kcal per day diet). See the rest of the wonderful nutritional information below.
Read more about the funnel chanterelle or Craterellus tubaeformis here.
Wondering where we found the dried funnel chanterelle or Craterellus tubaeformis? In the supermarket! Find a photograph of the package below.
We purchase our cashews from Buywholefoodsonline. Their products are affordable and of good quality. You can buy the cashews here.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Easy- Low Calorie Vegan Pasta Carbonara. It’s amazing!
The most Exquisite Mushroom Pasta 100% Made of Whole Foods
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Boil the cashews for 10 minutes.
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium-heat, add onion and let cook until golden brown (you can add some sea salt to help with the caramelization process), stirring occasionally. You can use some tablespoons of water to collect the onion stuck to the skillet. Stir in dry mushrooms and a few tablespoons of water, and let cook for a few minutes, until ready.
- In a high-speed blender, combine boiled cashews, cooked onion and mushrooms, water, thyme, sea salt and black pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Heat the sauce and add in the pasta, stirring it well to coat. Season with black pepper.
- Consume immediately and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.