We love potatoes any time of the year, but when the weather gets colder, we truly turn to baked potatoes for comfort. It’s the perfect excuse to turn on the oven and warm up the house. And Christmas time is always the coldest time here in Sweden (and the Northern Hemisphere in general). These Crispy Vegan Cheesy Potato Stacks are a great side dish or appetizer that your family and guests will definitely enjoy. They are also very flavourful because of the fresh oregano, fresh thyme, and vegan cheese.
We enjoyed these delicious Crispy Vegan Cheesy Potato Stacks along with our Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham. Have a look at it, it’s our finest work so far! We’re very proud of how it turned out 🙂
They’re surprisingly easy to make, delicious to eat, and so cute… You’re going to love them!
They are made up of thinly sliced small white potatoes that are coated in extra-virgin olive oil, and seasoned with salt, pepper, two kinds of vegan cheese, fresh thyme, and fresh oregano. They make for a pretty fabulous side dish for not only Christmas Eve, but any dinner party!
If you don’t like thyme or oregano, feel free to use any other herbs you prefer like rosemary, or basil.
A good tip for cutting the potatoes in thin slices is to use a mandoline slicer as it goes faster and more evenly and in this way potatoes don’t oxidize.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our Perfect Roast Potatoes with a Crunch. We made them for Christmas Eve last year and everybody loved them, and since then we make them almost every week! You will love them!
Vegan Cheesy Potato Stacks
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- In a pot or a large bowl, combine the potato slices, olive oil, fresh oregano, fresh thyme, shredded cheeses, salt, and pepper, and mix through, using your hands or a spatula.
- Using one or two 12-cup cupcake pans, with a basting brush, brush some olive oil in each cup. Now place potato stacks inside each cup, and add some more vegan shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30-50 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
- Garnish with some more fresh oregano and thyme on top, and serve warm. They are delicious!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.