Swedish Meatballs are a very traditional dish here in Sweden, and since going vegan we have wanted to veganize them. For the making of these Vegan Swedish Meatballs, I use Naturli Plant-Based Mince, some grated raw onion, allspice, smoked salt, ground cloves, freshly ground white pepper, breadcrumbs and oat milk. I like to roll them small and fry them in vegan butter, so they get a crunchy exterior. This is the best vegan version of Swedish meatballs that you’re ever going to find, we assure you that they are extremely delicious. They were all finished in seconds, and we had to make more the next day! You will love them! 🙂
I accompany them with lingonberry jam, boiled potatoes, a bit of parsley, pickled red cabbage, mustard and our very own Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham (The best Vegan Ham you’re ever going to find, we promise!)
1 single serving (118 g) of these Vegan Swedish Meatballs provides you with 18.9 g of protein, which is 38% of the protein that we need in a day (based on a 2000 kcal per day diet). Wonderful, right? 🙂
We also accompany this dish with our super delicious Crispy Vegan Cheesy Potato Stacks.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Swedish No-Meat Balls Christmas Style. A different recipe for Vegan Swedish Meatballs that we made last year, using vital wheat gluten instead. You’ll love them!
Vegan Swedish Meatballs Christmas Special
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine oat milk and breadcrumbs, and let sit for 5 minutes until the bread has absorbed the milk.
- Grate the onion.
- In a large bowl, combine the mince vegan meat, the breadcrumbs mixed with oat milk, the grated onion, smoked salt, ground cloves, allspice, and white pepper. Mix well using your hands, and make balls out of it. We made 18 balls.
- Place them carefully in a container on top of a parchment paper and store them in the refrigerator for 2 hours, so they harden up a bit.
- After having been refrigerated, take them out of the fridge and, using a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, heat the vegan butter and add in vegan meatballs, working in batches. Cook them carefully until they look golden brown.
- Now they are ready to serve. Enjoy these delicious vegan meatballs!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.