Can you believe there is a way to eat doughnuts that is healthy-ISH and so yummy!? To make these Healthy Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts, you only need a doughnut oven silicone mould/pan!
We love these doughnuts, and now eat them at least twice a week! Made with whole wheat flour and mashed banana, and without oils 🙂
If you liked this recipe and would like to eat these doughnuts the same way as us in the photo, check out our Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries. You’re going to love this combo!
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, our Autumn Vegan Chocolate Pie, our Luscious Vegan Forest Fruit Pie, or the rest of our Sweets & Desserts recipes. You’ll love them!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 200 g vegan chocolate chips, for melting
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, raw sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, and sea salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine apple cider vinegar, unsweetened soy milk, mashed banana, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- With a basting brush, oil a silicone doughnut oven mould/pan.
- Add the batter to a piping bag, and pipe it in the silicone doughnut oven pan, making sure it’s only 2/3 full (it will grow inside the oven).
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the doughnut comes out dry with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Let the doughnuts cool completely inside the doughnut mould/pan.
- Once cooled, take out of the mould, and let them cool further.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- Dip the doughnut into the chocolate glaze, one by one, covering the top. Twist them as you remove from the glaze to prevent dripping, then use a chopstick to pull them out of the glaze and transfer it to a cooling rack, dry side down. Immediately sprinkle any toppings you may want to add (fresh fruits, chocolate chips, chopped almonds, shredded coconut, sprinkles, etc.), and let set before consuming.
- Store in the refrigerator. Doughnuts taste best the same day they are made! Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
So healthy and delicious. Yummy!
A great recipe, I highly recommend it!