What about some seriously delicious VEGAN RED VELVET BROWNIES W/ VANILLA ICE CREAM slowly melting on top? We know it’s almost winter on our side of the world, but we can never stop eating ice cream! And more if it’s accompanying warm and soft red velvet brownies! Australians, Kiwis, Singaporeans, etc. you’re even more welcome to try this! Yum, so easy, completely homemade, and quick!
These are the most delicious, softest, and insanely moist vegan Red Velvet Brownies you’re ever going to try! And why are they not so red? Because we wanted to make them as healthier as possible and used date sugar instead of regular one, but if you want them RED, simply add raw sugar instead! The brownies are served with insanely yummy homemade vegan vanilla ice cream, that is super super creamy and with option to make it completely sugar-free by using stevia! Why is this important? You may have someone diabetic in your family (my sister is type I) and they also deserve deliciousness!
For the making of these recipes we used a few products from Buywholefoodsonline.com. We have been using their products for years and could not be happier with their quality and affordable prices. We used their Organic Vanilla Extract, Liquid Stevia, Organic Date Sugar, Baking Powder, Guar Gum Powder, Organic Coconut Milk, and Organic Agave Syrup.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Basil Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce Recipe or our Homemade Vegan Nutella Recipe. You are surely going to love them both!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Vegan Red Velvet Brownies with Vanilla Ice Cream
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
Vegan Red Velvet Brownies
RED VELVET BROWNIES INSTRUCTIONS
- Line an 8x12inch/20x30cm baking pan with a sheet of aluminium foil large enough to allow for the foil to go up the sides and leave a good sized overhang of 2inches/5cm. Grease the inside with some canola oil.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter, stirring until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 356ºF/175ºC.
- In a large bowl, combine white whole wheat flour, raw sugar, and baking powder, and beat using an electric mixer with beaters. Stir in unsweetened soy yoghurt, vanilla extract, melted chocolate and butter, and the bottle of red food colouring and continue beating until fully incorporated.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Bake for 45 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan, then remove using the aluminium foil to lift it out. Place the brownie block onto a large cutting board and, using a sharp knife, cut the brownies into squares. Press down on the knife slowly and firmly to cut them cleanly.
VANILLA ICE CREAM INSTRUCTIONS
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the blend into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve the brownie squares warm and top with a scoop of ice cream on top. Sprinkle some beetroot powder and enjoy this super delicious treat!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.