Are you ready to enjoy one of the most surprising, sophisticated, and refreshing flavoured ice creams? Our Rosemary Infused Ice Cream w/ Blueberry Sauce is just as amazing as our Vegan Basil Ice Cream w/ Strawberry Sauce. Herbs love ice cream and homemade ice cream flavoured with fresh herbs is a revelation. When sprigs of rosemary meet simmering (vegan) cream the result is fragrant, fresh, and irresistible.
A sweet vanilla ice cream is infused with fresh rosemary from our garden and served with a homemade blueberry sauce that compliments the flavour like a dream. The result is so incredibly delicious that you and your guests will be amazed! Serve this amazing vegan ice cream over our Vegan Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, served warm. This combo is unbelievably yummy!
In addition, this ice cream is so creamy that you won’t believe that it does not contain any dairy. Absolutely no ice crystals!
For the making of this recipe we used a few products from Buywholefoodsonline.com. We have been using their products for years and could not be happier with their quality and affordable prices. We used their Organic Date Sugar, Organic Vanilla Extract, Guar Gum Powder, Organic Coconut Milk, and Organic Agave Syrup.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Red Velvet Brownies w/ Vanilla Ice Cream recipe, our Homemade Vegan Nutella Recipe, and our Healthy Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts. You’ll love them all!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Rosemary Infused Ice Cream w/ Blueberry Sauce
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
ROSEMARY INFUSED ICE CREAM
- 400 ml canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup creamy oat milk, Oatly Barista or similar
- 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup pure agave syrup
- 3 tbsp fully hydrogenated coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 2 cup frozen blueberries
- 6 tbsp date sugar
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
ROSEMARY INFUSED ICE CREAM INSTRUCTIONS
- Combine the coconut milk and oat milk in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and add the rosemary sprigs. Reduce the heat to low and let cook, covered with a lid, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend the rosemary-infused milk, agave syrup, melted fully hydrogenated coconut oil, vanilla extract, and guar gum in a high-speed blender until very smooth.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for three hours.
- Pour it into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
BLUEBERRY SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS
- Combine the blueberries, sea salt, and date sugar in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer until it’s thickened. Stir in lemon juice and turn off the heat.
- Blend into a sauce and transfer to a jar and leave outside until it reaches room temperature. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before consuming.
- Add a few dollops of the blueberry sauce to the ice cream and swirl using a stick to create the pretty presentation.
- Scoop the ice cream over a warm piece of our Vegan Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie (recipe linked above). Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Hi Christina and George…what a gorgeous blog! A friend introduced me to you via this recipe which I am definitely going to make. I had a look around and I am in awe! Stunning photos, delicious vegan recipes! Thank you for showing how creative and delicious vegan food can be. Thank you for all your hard work!.
Thank you so much Stacey, to you and your friend! We’re so happy that you value our work and that is exactly our purpose, to show how creative and delicious vegan food can be!
This is my new favorite ice cream. It’s creamy smooth, light and refreshing. Thanks so much!