Our Vegan Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts are much healthier than most Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts recipes you’ll find, as they can be made refined sugar-free, using date or coconut sugar, and the doughnut batter is oil-free, and made with silken tofu and homemade pure pumpkin purée! The best of the best! These doughnuts are so fluffy, warm and so satisfying, making them perfect for autumn and winter kind of chilly weather! Soft Pumpkin doughnuts coated in a bit of vegan butter and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice & sugar mixture, sounds like a dream, doesn’t it? They are baked instead of deep-fried, meaning the batter is soft like cake and will need to be piped into the doughnut pans.
The ingredient list is simple and they’re quite easy and quick to make. Everyone will love them, plus 1 of these doughnuts only has 177 kcal and contains 51% of the vitamin A recommended daily! See detailed nutrition facts below!
Once you try homemade pure pumpkin purée, you’ll never go back to store-bought! Our secret for the most delicious and fragrant pumpkin purée is to roast the pumpkin to perfection before blending it into a purée (detailed instructions below).
For the making of this recipe we used a few products from the site Buywholefoodsonline.com. We have been using their products for years and could not be happier with their quality and affordable prices. We used their Organic Date Sugar, Organic Vanilla Extract, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Pumpkin Spice Mix, and Silken Tofu.
If you liked this recipe, check out our Vegan Red Velvet Brownies w/ Vanilla Ice Cream recipe, our Vegan Basil Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce Recipe, our Vegan Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, and our Healthy Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts. You’ll love them all!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
PURE PUMPKIN PURÉE
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin
- 1 dash sea salt
PUMPKIN SPICE DOUGHNUTS
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Coating
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin spice mix
PURE PUMPKIN PURÉE INSTRUCTIONS
- Cut the pumpkin in half lenghtwise, sprinkle salt all over it, and place skin up on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake at 400ºF/200ºC until it’s golden and feels soft to the touch, about 30-50 minutes.
- Blend it and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze for up a month. Enjoy this insanely delicious pumpkin purée! SO MUCH BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT!! If you wonder what you can do with the rest of the pumpkin purée that you have left after making this recipe, in our cookbook ALL PLANTS (LINK ABOVE) you can find several recipes that call for it. Some of them are our SpiderWeb Pumpkin Hummus and homemade Toxic Ravioli filled with Vegan Cream Cheese and Pumpkin purée (both recipes are also in our Halloween ebook!), Irish Pumpkin Spiced Liqueur (one of our vegan versions of Baileys with a delicious Autumn pumpkin pie touch) and Puppy Pumpkin Treats (your dogs are going to love them!).
PUMPKIN SPICE DOUGHNUTS INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 347ºF/175ºC.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin spice mix.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the vanilla yoghurt, silken tofu, unsweetened soy milk, pure pumpkin purée you just made, and vanilla extract. Using an immersion blender, carefully blend the contents of the bowl until smooth.
- Pour the blended wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix through. Don’t overwork the batter or it can cause the donuts to be dense and chewy.
- With a basting brush, oil a silicone doughnut oven mould/pan.
- Add the batter to a piping bag, and pipe it in the silicone doughnut oven pan, making sure it’s only 2/3 full (it will grow inside the oven).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the doughnut comes out dry with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Let the doughnuts cool completely inside the doughnut mould/pan.
- Once cooled, take out of the mould.
- In a small bowl, combine the raw sugar and pumpkin spice mix.
- Lightly brush the top of the doughnuts with melted butter and dip into the pumpkin spice- sugar mix. Gently twist to coat. Serve warm and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.