You are going to love these Deliciously Fluffy Vegan Maple Syrup Pancakes. They are so sweet, delicate, fluffy, soft, and delicious! What’s better than maple syrup on pancakes? Adding maple syrup in the pancakes as well!
This recipe is great for a lazy breakfast in bed during the weekend. Your husband could make them and bring them to you to bed (like in my case!), you can make them yourself, or why not get the kids to help? They’ll surely have fun!
We make these pancakes oil-free and they taste amazing. No need at all for oil. Just make sure you’re cooking them in a non-stick pancake pan!
These pancakes can be made gluten-free by adding all-purpose gluten-free flour and a bit of xanthan gum, or regular, using spelt flour or all-purpose flour (we prefer them with spelt flour!).
PRODUCTS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
If you liked this recipe, check out our The Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes, our Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts, our Vegan Red Velvet Brownies w/ Vanilla Ice Cream recipe, our Vegan Basil Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce Recipe, our Vegan Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, and our Healthy Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts. You’ll love them all!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Deliciously Vegan Fluffy Maple Syrup Pancakes
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 2 cup spelt flour / all-purpose flour OR gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum, only add the xanthan gum if making them gluten-free!
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Canadian maple syrup
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl (spelt flour / all-purpose flour OR gluten-free all-purpose flour, xanthan gum (only add the xanthan gum if making them gluten-free!, baking powder, and sea salt) .
- Combine the maple syrup and the water in a small bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Heat a large non-stick pancake pan over medium-high heat. Grease the pan with a bit of canola oil, OR NOT, and drop about 1/4 cup of the batter onto it. Cook until bubbles form, covering the pan with its lid. Then flip and cook until golden on the other side, for 1-2 minutes, covered. Repeat with all the remaining batter. You don’t need to cook them with oil for them to taste good, we cook them without oil and they taste amazing, just as long as you have a non-stick pan!
- Serve with more maple syrup and the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
These pancakes were so yummy, so light and so sweet! I’m loving them as much as the date syrup turmeric pancakes from your cookbook! Now I need to try the other ones you published that have banana in. Can’t wait!
These pancakes were a hit! My kids were asking for seconds and thirds as soon as they came off the griddle! The texture is perfect. They are light and fluffy and cook well. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
These pancakes are super fluffy and delicious. Thanks for posting it.