This is simply The Best Vegan Bolognese with Tagliatelle recipe that you are going to find. Stop looking and try this recipe out. SO GOOD, you’ll become addicted! Full of flavour, packed with flavour from red wine, and insanely meaty, that even meat-eaters will indeed love this dish. And to top it, add a spoonful of our Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese or our Nutty Parmesan (find the recipe in our cookbook & e-cookbook).
1 delicious serving of this dish provides you with 55% of the protein, 66% of the vitamin A, 53% of the calcium, 32% of the iron, 33% of the dietary fibre, and 25% of the vitamin C that you need in a day (based on a 2000 kcal per day diet). It also has 0% trans fat and 0% cholesterol! Read more about the nutrition facts below!
If you liked this Vegan Bolognese with Tagliatelle, check out our Gnocchi with Walnut Pesto, our The Best Ever Texas Style Vegan Chili, our Vegan Red Cabbage Soup w/ Chunky Bratwurst Style Tofu Bites, our Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham, our So Delicious & Healthy Lentil Loaf made Entirely of Whole Foods, our Homemade Celebration Seitan Roast, our Mushroom Vegan Soup (Quick & Easy), our One Pot Tomato Vegan Soup with Basil Dressing, our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels, our Sage&Rum Marinated Seitan Tenderloin, our Vegan Seitan Steaks (Wheat Meat), our Gluten-Free Vegan Mortadella, our Succulent Seitan Tenderloin, our Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin, and our The Best Gluten-Free and Vegan Fish & Chips. You’ll love them all!
If you’re into more Italian inspired dishes like we are, you need to check out some recipes from our cookbook that you’re going to LOVE. Here is a list of them:
- Our amazing recipe of Ravioli al Formaggio. Cheese-filled ravioli used to be one of our favourite dishes while growing up. That’s why when we went vegan, we became obsessed with veganizing this dish. Believe us, you’re going to love our creation. Homemade made from scratch vegan ravioli, filled with the most delicious and creamiest vegan cultured cream cheese, made with cashews and probiotics. Served with a super creamy, delicious, and oil-free homemade sun-dried tomato sauce.
- Our insanely delicious Pesto Lumaconi. Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Lumaconi is the perfect recipe to make for a special celebration or romantic dinner. Fancy, creamy, super delicious, and full of flavour, and yet so easy to make! Served with our Champagne Lemon Sorbet for the best evening ever!
- The Best Vegan Pepperoni Pizza, where we show you how to make the best pizza from scratch and the most delicious vegan pepperoni you’re ever going to try, also from scratch! The key to achieving the best pizza dough is the overnight fermentation. You end up with a golden, beautiful crust with the perfect amount of crunch and subtle yeasty undertones. Totally worth it! And as far as oven temperatures go – we have great results at 482ºF/250ºC and using a pizza stone (it makes a huge difference!).
- So juicy Hot Italian Sausages. If you used to love Italian style sausages, then you will love these insanely meaty and juicy vegan sausages. They are so delicious and have that spicy touch. But if you don’t like them spicy, don’t worry, simply skip the red pepper flakes! We promise you these will be the very best vegan Italian sausages you will ever have!
- Thyme & Rosemary Vegan Chicken Cutlets. This is the best Vegan Chicken that you will ever try! Completely made from scratch, the texture and flavours are just perfect, and the recipe is so easy. Fresh rosemary and thyme mixed with garlic and a little of extra-virgin olive oil take this succulent seitan chicken cutlets recipe to a whole new level.
- Vegan Caesar Salad & Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella
- Vegan Mortadella
- Avocado Pesto & Walnut Pesto
- 4 different Vegan Cheese Sauces
- 9 different kinds of Vegan Cheeses, 4 of them Cultured with probiotics, 5-minute super melty vegan Mozzarella & Cheddar block-style cheeses, etc.
- The Best Tiramisu Cake you’re ever going to try. It’s just like the traditional Italian dessert, only in layer cake form and vegan. Rather than using ladyfingers, we are baking three layers of a light, fluffy sponge cake. The sponge is cooled and then soaked in a rich coffee syrup. The frosting is light and fluffy, yet rich at the same time. It’s made with homemade vegan mascarpone, folded together with vegan whipped cream, and a bit of cacao powder. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
- Insanely yummy Vegan Raffaello, which we call RAFFAELLA. If you used to love Raffaelo, you will absolutely adore our vegan version. With only 6 ingredients, so rich and creamy, perfectly sweet, naturally gluten-free and grain-free, they are so addictive!
- The most delicious Vegan Basil Infused Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce (find this recipe also on the blog! Click here). Herbs love ice cream. And homemade ice cream flavoured with fresh herbs is a revelation. When sprigs of basil meet simmering (vegan) cream the result is fragrant, fresh, and irresistible. This is complimented perfectly by the vibrant strawberry sauce. We could say it’s a match made in heaven! Additionally, the ice cream is so so creamy, you won’t believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy. Absolutely no ice crystals!
- And many more!
Here you can see the photos of these delicious dishes from our cookbook:
ALL these recipes can be found in our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
The Best Vegan Bolognese with Tagliatelle
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1040 g extra-firm tofu, drained and dried with paper towels
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 2 tbsp Japanese soy sauce , or tamari for gluten-free option
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups water
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 1/3 cups tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 500 g dried tagliatelle nests, egg-free, whole wheat or optionally gluten-free
- Preheat the oven to 356ºF/180ºC.
- In a large bowl, combine the white miso paste, Japanese soy sauce, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic powder, freshly ground black pepper, beetroot powder, smoked paprika, and red wine, until a smooth soft paste has formed.
- Crumble the drained and dried with paper towels tofu into small bits and place inside the large bowl. Mix well, using a sturdy spatula until all the tofu's been coated.
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Spread the coated tofu evenly over the lined baking tray. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven to stir through. Place back inside and bake again for 15 minutes. Take out again and stir through. Place back inside and bake again for 10 more minutes, or until it's looking chewy and dry. Be careful not to burn it!
- Pulse the celery, carrot, and onion in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Put a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, and heat the olive oil. Stir in carrot, onion, celery, and fresh rosemary sprig. Sauté for 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add the miso paste and stir to combine. Let it sauté for a few more minutes.
- Stir in the red wine and let it reduce for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomato paste and vegetable broth.
- Add the tomato and broth mixture to the skillet. Stir in thewater as well.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer (very low simmer), uncovered, for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 50 minutes, add the baked tofu, and continue simmering for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Take a separate large skillet, and add a few spoonfuls of bolognese. Stir in 2/3 cup of pasta water (water from the pasta you just boiled). Stir through. Stir in 1-2 servings of cooked tagliatelle.
- Taste and season generously with freshly ground black pepper or any sea salt if needed.
- Serve into deep plates and top with our Nutty Parmesan (recipe in our e-cookbook & cookbook) or our Nut-Free Vegan Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy this insanely delicious dish!
- Store the bolognese separately (without the pasta) in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
This vegan bolognese looks delicious. Will be making it soon! Thank you and happy 2021!