Our newest creation is this Vegan Swedish Beetroot Salad (Vegansk Rödbetssallad) which is a vegan version of a very traditional Swedish dish eaten during Christmas time. It’s so creamy, comforting, and delicious. Serve it with our Vegan Christmas Spiced Swedish Meatballs for the yummiest side ever!
Rödbetssallad used to be one of my favourite Christmas sides before going vegan. Hence, I needed to make my own vegan version. You’re going to love our creation! It makes the perfect side and late-night snack during Christmas time, placing it on a slice of bread with our Vegan Christmas Spiced Swedish Meatballs.
It’s absolutely delicious, and 1 serving only has 71.6 kcal (see the detailed nutrition facts below). This dish could be served all year round, during the summertime too!
For the making of this Vegan Swedish Beetroot Salad, we use our Thick & Creamy Vegan Sour Cream, our Vegan Mayonnaise or a mix of both!
If you liked our recipe, check out the rest of our Christmas-themed recipes and the rest of our Sides and our Salads.
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
Vegan Swedish Beetroot Salad
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1 kg boiled beetroots, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp beetroot juice
- 1 cup our Vegan Sour Cream / Vegan Mayo or a mix of both, Vegan Sour Cream / Vegan Mayo
- 1 tbsp old-fashioned mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, freshly grated (optional but recommended)
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the small cubes of boiled beetroot, beetroot juice, our Vegan Sour Cream or Vegan Mayo or a mix of both (half a cup of each), old-fashioned mustard, onion powder, optional freshly grated ginger, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- Enjoy chilled along with our Vegan Swedish Meatballs, on crackers or crispbread. You will love this delicious combo!
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Greetings from Florida! Very interesting blend of flavors and very tasty. Will certainly be repeating.
I was bored to death at work when I decided to browse your site on my iPhone during lunch break. I really like the recipes you provide here and can’t wait to take a look at your e-book when I get home. I’m amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone … I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, fantastic site!
Beetroot is one of my favourite vegetables so this salad is just perfect for me. It was quick and simple to make and tasted really delicious. Thank you!