Our newest creation is this Vegan Swedish Beetroot Salad (Vegansk Rödbetssallad) which is a vegan version of a very traditional Swedish dish eaten during Christmas time. It’s so creamy, comforting, and delicious. Serve it with our Vegan Christmas Spiced Swedish Meatballs for the yummiest side ever!
Rödbetssallad used to be one of my favourite Christmas sides before going vegan. Hence, I needed to make my own vegan version. You’re going to love our creation! It makes the perfect side and late-night snack during Christmas time, placing it on a slice of bread with our Vegan Christmas Spiced Swedish Meatballs.
It’s absolutely delicious, and 1 serving only has 71.6 kcal (see the detailed nutrition facts below). This dish could be served all year round, during the summertime too!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store, and our Etsy Shop.
Vegan Swedish Beetroot Salad
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1 kg boiled beetroots, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp beetroot juice
- 1 cup our Vegan Sour Cream / Vegan Mayo or a mix of both, Vegan Sour Cream / Vegan Mayo
- 1 tbsp old-fashioned mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, freshly grated (optional but recommended)
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- Enjoy chilled along with our Vegan Swedish Meatballs, on crackers or crispbread. You will love this delicious combo!
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.