We made these Easy Healthy Vegan Pupcakes piled high with dog-friendly hummus frosting to celebrate Baby Dog’s 4th birthday! These Dog-Friendly Vegan Cupcakes are so easy to make, soft, and fluffy! Topped with our dogs’ favourite thing ever, dog-friendly fluffy hummus frosting, that is obviously butter-free, sugar-free, and loaded with healthy ingredients. Your dogs are going to love these vegan pupcakes!
In addition, how pretty are they? That dreamy pink colour is achieved by super healthy and yummy beetroot powder! Both our dogs go crazy about these cupcakes! They can’t stop eating them!
The recipe makes 6 cupcakes and will be ready in only 30 minutes! These cupcakes aren’t just PERFECT for your furry babies’ birthdays, but also Valentine’s Day (the pink is perfect!) or any time you feel like treating your babies. They deserve it so much, always giving us their unconditional love, don’t you think?
These Dog-Friendly Vegan Cupcakes are so soft, moist and fluffy and the secret for the frosting? Potatoes and chickpeas!
If you are interested in any more vegan dog treats, we have 3 amazing ones in our new cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes more than 150 satisfying vegan recipes, on chapter 6 “DESSERTS & TREATS”. Read more about our cookbook here.
Here you can see 2 photos of our beloved Baby Dog with the 3 vegan treats from the book:
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Easy Healthy Vegan Pupcakes (Dog-Friendly Vegan Cupcakes)
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix through.
- Line a 6-cup cupcake pan with 6 cupcake liners. Fill them about two-thirds full with batter. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cupcake comes out dry with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before adding the frosting.
Dog-Friendly Hummus Frosting
- In a food processor, combine the boiled chickpeas, boiled potatoes, beetroot powder, tahini, and sea salt, and process until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour the contents of the food processor into a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours or until the mixture is cold. The more you refrigerate it, the more consistent and thicker the frosting will become, and the more it will hold its shape when piped onto the cupcakes.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe it using a spiralling motion onto the cupcakes in a large swirl.
- Now they are ready to be devoured by your dogs! They will love them!
- If you have small dogs like we do, cut the cupcakes into smaller pieces to make it easier for them to handle!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to 5 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.