Our Vegan Focaccia is so easy to make, fluffy, insanely delicious and bursting with flavour, airy, and with crispy sides and bottom. Everyone will love it and you won’t believe how simple it is to make!
Also isn’t it gorgeous? We feel like every focaccia is a masterpiece! You can really make art decorating focaccia!
The ingredients are few and easy and simple to get! Also, this Vegan Focaccia is made in just 30 minutes. You only need to let the dough rest in between for 2 and a half hours and that’s it! Such a yummy meal!
We strongly recommend freezing the leftovers. After you eat the first day, cut any leftovers into pieces and freeze them! Use a sealed container or plastic bag. You can freeze for up to 3 months, and this way ensures the focaccia will taste just as fresh as the first day. Simply place in the oven, toaster or skillet directly from the freezer, and it’s ready to enjoy like freshly made!
If you liked this recipe of Easy Fluffy Delicious Vegan Focaccia and are looking for more homemade vegan bread recipes, we have a few here on the blog. Check out the following:
We have a few more homemade vegan bread recipes in our new cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. Here is a list:
- PINK BURGER BUNS: So soft and fluffy, deliciously warm, cute pink burger buns, with extra protein and full of fibre from the whole-wheat flour. In addition, these are not stuffed with unnecessary ingredients and chemicals, like all the store-bought options! You’re going to love these amazing burger buns.
- NO-DOG BUNS: Much healthier than store-bought options, not stuffed with unnecessary ingredients and chemicals, full of fibre, and deliciously filling. So colourful and fun to make, these No-Dog Buns are perfect for serving with our vegan Hot-Italian Sausages (page 90) and Bratwursts (page 89).
- FLATBREAD: This is a super easy, soft, light, and fluffy Flatbread recipe that is really versatile and perfect to enjoy along with our Herb-Packed Pistachio Baked Falafel & Dressings (page 74).
- SEEDED WHOLE-WHEAT CRACKERS: These Whole Wheat Seeded Crackers are so deliciously crispy, thin, and require only 7 ingredients. Easy to make, packed with fibre, and so much healthier than store-bought. They are perfect to enjoy along with any of our delicious Vegan Cultured Cheezes!
- SEEDED GLUTEN-FREE CRACKERS: These deliciously crispy, thin, Gluten-Free Crackers will be the best ones you have tried. Just 9 ingredients required, packed with whole-grains and nutrient-dense. Perfect to serve along any of our plant-based cheezes (page 169).
Here you can see some images of them all:
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Easy Fluffy Delicious Vegan Focaccia
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 4 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp date sugar
- 2/3 cup water, at 43ºC/110ºF
- 1/2 cup bread flour, or white whole wheat flour
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the date sugar, active dry yeast, bread flour, and warm water (use a thermometer to make sure it's at at 43ºC/110ºF!).
- Let sit for 30 minutes, covered with a clean kitchen towel. This is a very important step – DON'T MISS IT! It should look like in the photo, bubbling.
- After the 30 minutes have passed, in a food processor, using the dough function, add the potato starch, sea salt, garlic powder, bread flour, water at 37ºC (use a thermometer to make sure), and the "sponge" you created before, and process until you get a smooth dough. Add the olive oil and process again for 30 seconds.
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil, and place the ball of dough in it, making sure its surface is all covered in olive oil as well. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and set aside at room temperature in a dark and dry place for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 250ºC/475ºF. Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven to achieve a crispy bottom.
- After the resting time, the dough should have doubled in size.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured working surface and knead for a while until smooth.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten and shape it until the dough is about 1 cm / 1/2 inch thick.
- Grease a rectangular baking pan with extra-virgin olive oil, and place the focaccia on it. You could use parchment paper too.
- Using your finger tips, press down into the dough to make dimples all over the dough all the way to the bottom. Brush with more extra virgin olive oil.
- Now it's time to add your toppings. We added fresh asparagus, cherry tomatoes, green olives, fresh rosemary, and flaked sea salt. Press them into the focaccia.
- Place the baking pan right on top of the hot pizza stone and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and ready.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes after baking. We tried adding them before and they burned completely after only 10 minutes so we had to add new ones after.
- Slice and serve warm topped with more extra-virgin olive oil.
- Enjoy, it's delicious!
- The nutrition facts are calculated according to using bread flour, and not white whole wheat flour as provided alternative for a healthier option.
- Consume the focaccia within 2 days or cut into pieces and freeze leftovers inside a sealed container or a plastic bag for up to 3 months.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.