So messy and SO INSANELY DELICIOUS, Loaded Vegan Chorizo Nachos that you won’t be able to stop eating. Made with homemade vegan and gluten-free chorizo bits that are so yummy, you won’t believe they’re not real chorizo, except that they’re 100% cruelty-free! Then drizzled with lots and lots of The Best Vegan Cheese Sauce EVER and a few yummy dollops of our Thick & Creamy, Easy Vegan Sour Cream. This dish is so good and ready in 1 hour!
Our new creation, the vegan and gluten-free chorizo bits are seriously going to impress you and your guests. So easy to make, healthy and so so delicious!
Made with one of our best creations, The Best Vegan Cheese Sauce EVER that is incredibly cheesy, gooey, melty, stretchy, umami, with a spicy touch… SO GOOD! It’s also extremely easy and quick to make, ready in less than 15 minutes!
If you are interested in more vegan meat recipes, check out our new cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way”. Chapter 3 is entirely dedicated to them. Called “VEGAN BUTCHERY”. In this chapter, you can find recipes for 13 incredibly delicious vegan meats, some of them gluten-free too! Here’s a list:
- VEGAN BRATWURSTS
- VEGAN HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGES
- VEGAN WHEAT FILET MIGNON
- VEGAN BBQ RIBS
- THE BEST VEGAN BURGER
- BAKE-ON: A SUPER QUICK&EASY BACON MADE OF TOFU
- SWEDISH CHRISTMAS HAM
- CHICKUN: 2 DIFFERENT WAYS TO MAKE VEGAN CHICKEN: VEGAN THYME & ROSEMARY CUTLETS AND SPICY BUFFALO CHICKEN TENDERS
- SEITAN BACON
- VEGAN MORTADELLA
- BAVARIAN MORTADELLA
- SEITAN PEPPERONI
- and more!!
We also have an entire chapter named “Dairy is Scary” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
If you liked this recipe for Vegan Chorizo Nachos, check out The Best Vegan Chili Cheese Fries. You’re going to love them!
Loaded Vegan Chorizo Nachos
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
Vegan Gluten-Free Chorizo Bits
- 800 g extra-firm tofu, drained and dried with paper towels
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tamari, or Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 1 recipe The Best Vegan Cheese Sauce EVER
- 350 g tortilla chips, gluten-free
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 handful coriander
Vegan Gluten-Free Chorizo Bits
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the extra-virgin olive oil, tamari, red wine, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, freshly ground black pepper, dried oregano, onion powder, white miso paste, and tomato paste, until a smooth soft paste has formed.
- Crumble the drained and dried with paper towels tofu into small bits, and place inside the large bowl. Mix well, using a sturdy spatula until all the tofu's been coated.
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Spread the coated tofu evenly over the lined baking tray. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven to stir through. Place back inside and bake again for 15 minutes. Take out again and stir through. Place back inside and bake again for 10 more minutes, or until it's looking chewy and dry. Be careful not to burn it!
- On a large plate, place one layer of tortilla chips. Top with a generous layer of The Best Vegan Cheese Sauce EVER, Vegan Gluten-Free Chorizo Bits you just baked, chopped tomatoes, sweet corn, coriander, and Vegan Sour Cream. Add another layer of chips and all of the above. Continue layering the chips & toppings until you have a beautiful tower of nachos.
- Serve immediately and enjoy, these are delicious!
- Store leftovers in a sealed container, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
- The next day, place leftovers into a baking pan and bake at 180ºC/356ºF for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and they feel warm to the touch. Consume and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
That’s some really tasty vegan chorizo! So recommended! Easy, gluten-free, so good!