Our Vegan & Gluten-Free Tempeh Bacon is insanely satisfying, meaty, delicious, and cholesterol-free. It’s also super easy and quick to make and full of flavour. Everyone will love it! Full of protein from the tempeh and so amazing!
We serve this delicious Tempeh Bacon inside our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels along with our “Scramble to Die For” from our new cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. You are certainly going to enjoy this combo, believe us! Here you can see a pic of our “Scramble to Die For”:
If you are interested in our other recipes for VEGAN BACON, you need to check out this best Vegan Bacon recipe you could ever find, our Seitan Bac’n from our cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan way”, recipe found on chapter 3 “VEGAN BUTCHERY” on page 104. Here you can see some photos accompanied by our incredibly delicious Vegan Fried Egg (recipe also found in our book):
In our cookbook & e-book “ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan way”, you can also find a recipe for vegan bacon that is so quick, gluten-free and so good! It’s called “BAKE-ON” and it’s bacon made of tofu, seasoned with all the right ingredients so it tastes like bacon! It’s on page 98 of the same chapter 3 “VEGAN BUTCHERY”. Here you can see a picture with our famous super creamy and cheesy “Wheels&Cheeze” (recipe also found in our book):
What is tempeh?
Tempeh is a soy product made from fermented soybeans originating in Indonesia. It is made by a natural culturing and controlled fermentation process that binds soybeans into a cake form. It is especially popular on the island of Java, where it is a staple source of protein. Like tofu, tempeh is made from soybeans, but it is a whole soybean product with different nutritional characteristics and textural qualities. Tempeh’s fermentation process and its retention of the whole bean gives it a higher content of protein, dietary fibre, and vitamins. It has a firm texture and an earthy flavour, which becomes more pronounced as it ages. Extracted from wikipedia.
You can enjoy this Vegan & Gluten-Free Tempeh Bacon for breakfast, brunch, lunch or any meal, in a sandwich or on salad, you decide! It’s simply perfectly delicious!
If you liked this recipe, check out the rest of our Vegan Meat Recipes. You’ll love them all!
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Vegan & Gluten-Free Tempeh Bacon
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 400 g tempeh, sliced
- 1/4 cup tamari, or Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tbsp pure date syrup
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp beetroot powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- extra-virgin olive oil, to pan-fry the tofu
- In a medium bowl, combine the tamari, pure date syrup, red wine vinegar, liquid smoke, white miso paste, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, beetroot powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and freshly ground black pepper, until a smooth soft paste has formed.
- Slice the tempeh into 1/4 inch / 1/2 cm slices.
- Pour a few tablespoons of the marinade into a large shallow container. Place the tempeh slices on top, and keep pouring tablespoons of the marinade, until all the tempeh is covered with marinade on both sides. Spread the marinade with a basting brush, to cover all the pieces completely.
- Cover and let the tempeh soak in the marinade for 1 hour.
- Set a large non-stick skillet over high heat, and heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. When the oil’s hot, add tempeh slices until you cover the skillet and fry for 1- 2 minutes on each side, until both sides are golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately on your favourite dishes!
- We served it inside our Fluffy Homemade Vegan Bagels along with our Scramble to Die For from our new cookbook & e-book ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way. The perfect combo!
- Store in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for up to 3 days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.