This Vegan Swedish Brown Gravy – Ikea Style is so rich and flavourful, creamy, and insanely yummy, yet simple and quick to make, ready in only 5 minutes! It’s the perfect companion for our Vegan Swedish Meatballs and our Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham. So addictive, it will add amazing flavour to any of our Vegan Meats recipes or baked/boiled potatoes. This is truly the best vegan Swedish brown gravy you’re going to find. The most delicious and the HEALTHIEST, as it’s made with homemade cashew cream!
This vegan gravy is the perfect sauce to have at any holiday or special occasion meal, it will take any dish to a whole new level. We make it every week because it’s just too good and super easy! Another gravy that we make every week too, is our insanely delicious Creamy Vegan Green Peppercorn Gravy. You need to try this one too because it tastes AMAZING!!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
The Best Vegan Swedish Brown Gravy – Ikea Style
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
Homemade Cashew Cream
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cashews
Homemade Cashew Cream
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews and water, and blend until very smooth (no cashew pieces left).
Vegan Swedish Brown Gravy
- Put a small saucepan over medium-high heat, and heat the vegan butter until it's melted. Stir in the flour, and mix well, using a whisk, until a paste has formed.
- Now stir in the cashew cream you previously made in the blender, the 1/2 a cube of vegetable broth, Japanese soy sauce, freshly ground black pepper, smoked salt, and lingonberry jam, and continue stirring with the whisk until it thickens. It will take a few minutes.
- Now, this delicious gravy is ready to be served over our Vegan Swedish Meatballs, our Swedish Style Vegan Christmas Ham, or any of our Mock-Meat recipes. Enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
- If you don’t eat gluten, feel free to use cornstarch or any gluten-free flour.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.