This is The Best Vegan Tuna recipe that you’re going to find. Extremely satisfying and delicious, it tastes very much like actual tuna, and is super healthy, because it’s made with chickpeas and a homemade low-calorie and healthy vegan mayonnaise made of mostly whole foods! This recipe is also so quick and easy, as it will be ready in less than 10 minutes! You won’t be able to stop eating it! Serve this Vegan Tuna on toasted bread for the perfect breakfast, brunch, lunch or snack. Yum!
We have made this amazing Vegan Tuna with both our super delicious classic Vegan Mayonnaise and our Healthy Cashew Mayo (recipe below!) and both ways it tastes amazing! Try both, and decide for yourself!
This recipe is amazing because its main ingredient is good quality vegan protein: chickpeas. But it doesn’t really taste like chickpeas!
The secret for the “fishy” flavour is the addition of blended wakame flakes!
Our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
The Best Vegan Tuna (Gluten-Free & Healthy)
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
Healthy Cashew Mayo
- 2 tbsp wakame flakes, blended into a powder
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 800 g boiled chickpeas
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 pinches black pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise, or healthy cashew mayo (recipe above)
- 1 cup sweet corn
- kala namak salt, sprinkled over the vegan tuna, for an eggy taste
- black lava salt, very recommended!
Healthy Cashew Mayo
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, water, extra virgin olive oil, and xanthan gum, and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mayo into a container and store in the refrigerator.
- Add the wakame flakes into a dry high-speed blender. Blend until powder-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine the boiled chickpeas, spring onions, apple cider vinegar, salt, and freshly ground black pepper, and with a potato masher, mash until the chickpeas are all crushed.
- Stir in the vegan mayo, sweet corn, and powdered wakame, and mix thoroughly.
- Serve on toasted bread and sprinkle kala namak and black lava salt for the best taste experience. Top with green olives and enjoy, this vegan tuna is delicious!
- We recommend using our Vegan Mayonnaise for the making of this recipe, as this combination of flavours will deliver the best results. Nonetheless, the recipe tastes great and it will be a lot healthier with the addition of the Healthy Cashew Mayo instead.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.