Insanely creamy and delicious, low in calories, nutritious, and made of mostly whole foods, you’re going to love our Healthy Cashew Vegan Mayonnaise. It’s so much healthier than all the vegan and non-vegan alternatives, and just as fluffy, creamy, and delicious! Cholesterol-free and 100 g of this mayo only contain 197.5 kcal! So so good! Sounds like the dream mayonnaise, doesn’t it? For us it is! You really need to make it yourself and try it!
If you’re interested in more recipes for Vegan Mayonnaise, we have 2 more: our super delicious Classic Vegan Mayonnaise & our Low-Fat & Low-Calorie Vegan Mayonnaise, which contains even fewer calories than this one, 100 g of mayo only have 90 calories!
We use this amazing vegan mayo in the making of our Gluten-Free & Healthy Vegan Tuna. You need to try it, it’s so so good!
We also have it along with our Vegan Tortilla de Patatas – Vegan Spanish Potato Omelette (Egg-Free) and it’s an incredible combo!
For this vegan mayonnaise to taste a little like egg we add Indian black salt or Kala Namak. Have you tried it? We purchase it from Buywholefoodsonline.com. They offer a wide variety of vegan products, very good prices and high quality. You can buy it here.
If you are still wondering what Kala Namak is, please have a look at this information extracted from Stylecraze.com:
- Indian black salt, extensively referred to as kala namak, is a variety of Indian volcanic stone salt. It’s popular in India, Pakistan, and nations all across the world because of its twisted taste and easy availability. This special variety of salt has its origin in the Himalayan ranges and is used in Indian dishes for cooking and garnishing. Due to the presence of iron and other minerals, the salt is pinkish-grey in colour. It contains a unique sulfurous component that is frequently compared to boiled egg yolks and is super healthy.
- Other than providing a distinct flavour to dishes, black salt is popular for its health benefits as well as its capacity to store food. It is often recommended for individuals with high blood pressure and for those on low-salt diets. The reason behind this is that it is low in sodium and doesn’t enhance the sodium level in your blood. It also relieves heartburn and intestinal gas. In short, it boosts your overall digestive system.
If you liked this recipe for Healthy Cashew Vegan Mayonnaise, check out the rest of our Vegan Sauces & Dips. You will LOVE them all!
And… in case you missed it, we are so excited to announce that we have published our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
Low-Calorie & Healthy Cashew Vegan Mayonnaise
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in boiling water for 2 minutes and rinsed with very cold water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 – 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, or more if you wish
- 1 tsp xanthan gum, essential for thickness
- 1 pinch kala namak salt, for an "eggy" taste
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, water, extra virgin olive oil, and xanthan gum, and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mayo into a sealed container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Add a pinch of kala namak salt for an eggy taste.
- Enjoy along with your favourite dishes, like our super delicious The Best Vegan Tuna (Gluten-Free & Healthy). Enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.