So soft on the inside and with a crunchy and crispy crust on the outside, this Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread is a family favourite! So quick and easy to prepare, made in less than 30 minutes and everyone will love it! Serve alongside pasta, soup, or salad as an easy, delicious side dish. Made with the most delicious homemade Vegan Mozzarella Sauce, you’ll become addicted! This truly is THE BEST Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread recipe that you will ever find! Serve it with our Vegan Serrano Cured Ham or Spanish Vegan Jamón Serrano for the best savoury treat EVER!!
We also have an entire chapter named “Dairy is Scary” dedicated to vegan dairy substitutes, from homemade coffee creamers to 3 kinds of homemade yoghurts, homemade tofu, 4 types of cultured vegan cheese, and 5 easy and quick varieties of vegan cheese including feta, cheddar, Buffalo Mozzarella, etc. If you’re a cheese lover, you will love our cookbook! Read more about it here.
Tips for the Best Garlic Bread
- If you want your Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread to have a crunchy and crispy crust, make sure you broil it the last 1 to 2 minutes in the oven.
- Wait a couple of minutes before slicing and serving it. Consume warm, but not straight from the oven!
This Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread will be gone in seconds, you simply won’t be able to stop devouring it because it tastes AMAZING. Complete any meal with this garlic bread on the side! We recommend having it on the side of our Vegan Bolognese with Tagliatelle and our Vegan Pumpkin Gnocchi with Walnut Pesto. You’ll love the combo!
If you’re into more Italian dishes like we are, you need to check out some recipes from our cookbook that you’re going to LOVE. Here is a list of them:
- Our amazing recipe of Ravioli al Formaggio. Cheese-filled ravioli used to be one of our favourite dishes while growing up. That’s why when we went vegan, we became obsessed with veganizing this dish. Believe us, you’re going to love our creation. Homemade made from scratch vegan ravioli, filled with the most delicious and creamiest vegan cultured cream cheese, made with cashews and probiotics. Served with a super creamy, delicious, and oil-free homemade sun-dried tomato sauce.
- Our insanely delicious Pesto Lumaconi. Cheesy Pesto Stuffed Lumaconi is the perfect recipe to make for a special celebration or romantic dinner. Fancy, creamy, super delicious, and full of flavour, and yet so easy to make! Served with our Champagne Lemon Sorbet for the best evening ever!
- The Best Vegan Pepperoni Pizza, where we show you how to make the best pizza from scratch and the most delicious vegan pepperoni you’re ever going to try, also from scratch! The key to achieving the best pizza dough is the overnight fermentation. You end up with a golden, beautiful crust with the perfect amount of crunch and subtle yeasty undertones. Totally worth it! And as far as oven temperatures go – we have great results at 482ºF/250ºC and using a pizza stone (it makes a huge difference!).
- So juicy Hot Italian Sausages. If you used to love Italian style sausages, then you will love these insanely meaty and juicy vegan sausages. They are so delicious and have that spicy touch. But if you don’t like them spicy, don’t worry, simply skip the red pepper flakes! We promise you these will be the very best vegan Italian sausages you will ever have!
- Thyme & Rosemary Vegan Chicken Cutlets. This is the best Vegan Chicken that you will ever try! Completely made from scratch, the texture and flavours are just perfect, and the recipe is so easy. Fresh rosemary and thyme mixed with garlic and a little of extra-virgin olive oil take this succulent seitan chicken cutlets recipe to a whole new level.
- Vegan Caesar Salad & Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- Vegan Buffalo Mozzarella
- Vegan Mortadella
- Avocado Pesto & Walnut Pesto
- 4 different Vegan Cheese Sauces
- 9 different kinds of Vegan Cheeses, 4 of them Cultured with probiotics, 5-minute super melty vegan Mozzarella & Cheddar block-style cheeses, etc.
- The Best Tiramisu Cake you’re ever going to try. It’s just like the traditional Italian dessert, only in layer cake form and vegan. Rather than using ladyfingers, we are baking three layers of a light, fluffy sponge cake. The sponge is cooled and then soaked in a rich coffee syrup. The frosting is light and fluffy, yet rich at the same time. It’s made with homemade vegan mascarpone, folded together with vegan whipped cream, and a bit of cacao powder. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
- Insanely yummy Vegan Raffaello, which we call RAFFAELLA. If you used to love Raffaelo, you will absolutely adore our vegan version. With only 6 ingredients, so rich and creamy, perfectly sweet, naturally gluten-free and grain-free, they are so addictive!
- The most delicious Vegan Basil Infused Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce (find this recipe also on the blog! Click here). Herbs love ice cream. And homemade ice cream flavoured with fresh herbs is a revelation. When sprigs of basil meet simmering (vegan) cream the result is fragrant, fresh, and irresistible. This is complimented perfectly by the vibrant strawberry sauce. We could say it’s a match made in heaven! Additionally, the ice cream is so so creamy, you won’t believe that it doesn’t contain any dairy. Absolutely no ice crystals!
- And many more!
Here you can see the photos of these delicious dishes from our cookbook:
ALL these recipes can be found in our very first cookbook ALL PLANTS: The Food You Love, The Vegan Way, which includes over 150 satisfying recipes to feed all the members of your household (including your dogs!). It’s available internationally as a hardcover on Book Depository (with free delivery worldwide), Walmart, and in many other bookstores! Yay! Click here to learn more. You can also purchase it as a downloadable e-book (pdf) in our Store (currently ON SALE!), and our Etsy Shop (also on sale there!).
The Best Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread
Enjoy friends! If you make this recipe, please snap a photo and tag @veganvvocals and #veganvvocals on Instagram! We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below, and give the recipe a rating! Thanks so much!
Vegan Mozzarella Sauce
The Best Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread
Vegan Mozzarella Sauce
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, melted coconut oil, vegan lactic acid powder, nutritional yeast, tapioca flour, sea salt, and water, and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the blend into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, over medium-high heat, stirring continuously until it thickens.
- Now the cheese sauce is ready to be added!
The Best Vegan Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, combine the minced garlic, room temperature salted vegan butter, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and chopped parsley.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise.
- With a basting brush, spread the garlic buttery mixture evenly over the entire surface of both bread halves. Make sure to coat the edges too so they don't burn!
- Spread your desired amount of Vegan Mozzarella Sauce on top.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake, on the middle rack of the oven, for 10 minutes.
- To achieve a crispy top, turn on the broiler and brown for 2 minutes or until the cheese looks melted and bubbly.
- Cut into slices, serve warm and enjoy this insanely delicious Vegan Garlic Cheesy Bread!
- Serve it with our Vegan Serrano Cured Ham or Spanish Vegan Jamón Serrano for the best savoury treat EVER!!
- Make this recipe gluten-free by simply swapping the wheat bread with gluten-free bread. It will be just as delicious!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.